Kaiser Pro Shop

New Launch: Kaiser Original - Lightcast 73H Rod
September 28, 2011, 03:55:18 PM
Kaiser Original - Lightcast 73H Rod

This is a fast action rod with fantastic castability. The rod cast with a punch and great distance is easily achieved. It has fast recovery characteristics which makes it wonderful for chugging poppers or simply just working swimbaits.

A great rod for targetting Rompin Sailfishes, GTs, Mackerels and anything thats part of the topwater casting game.

This rod has been in development for over 1 year. Below are some pics of field test @ Taiwan and @ Rompin.

Limited stocks.

Specs:

PE 2-4, Lure Weight 30-90g, Max Drag 8kg, Length 7'3" Butt Joint

Narc

A nice Maldivian GT on the Lightcast 73H.

This rod matches perfectly with Shimano 5000/6000 reels and fishes up to PE4.
In my opinion, it is sufficient for Maldives' fishing condition as GTs are averagely in the 10-12kg mark and this set-up promises optimum fun when battling fishes and the greatest ease when casting or working with it for extended long trips. With the fast action of the rod, casting distance are hardly compromised despite standing at 7foot3, just so long it is matched properly in terms of lure size and line poundage. Try it to believe!

Narc

More catches are coming in from Maldives on the LightCast 73H rod.... and the varieties are getting more fanciful.

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi all,

The team at Kaiser Pro Shop were kind enough to supply me with a one off Kaiser Lightcast 73H blank to build up and test.
I have the previous model the 70M and as soon as I unpacked the 73H I knew it was on the next level :)
A lot faster action and slightly longer than the 70M it looks perfect for the light popping its intended for.

I am yet to cast it as the weather here is horrible at the moment but here are some pictures of the build, I hope you all like it as much as I do 8)

Narc

Oh My God!
Thats lovely lovely work!!
Simply love the elegance in the colours and wraps!

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I finally got out for a play with this rod today. Loaded with a Smith Baby Runboh and powered by the Twinpower 5000SW I headed to the last place I was destroyed by a GT with this rod.
First a few casts with the heavy tackle and big poppers into bait stacked on the bar produced zip, not even a follow, from the most prime and proven spot this summer?
As we neared the end of the first drift along the ledge I cast the Runboh on the 73H along the ledge, it was a cracker cast as well i estimated in excess of 100m, the lure was in the water for maybe 3 sweeps when I was on solid! ;D
It was that point I had thoughts of the last time I was here and lost the fish quick smart to the reef, but not this time! It was an epic battle with creative boat driving from Dan and me not giving the fish a chance to get his head down. At one point I started to palm the spool for a bit more drag, only to remove my hand as fast as I put it there as the spool was starting to get hot!
Throughout the fight the Lightcast 73H performed beautifully, especially under the heavy drag I had the Twinpower cranked to, with plenty of power in the butt I put the brakes on a solid fish.
I hadn't realized how solid it was till he was boat side :o What a fish to blood the rod with!
Really I can't speak highly enough of the rods coming out of Kaiser Pro Shop, the development of rods is coming in leaps and bounds and a price tag to please any angler and his bank account.
The only thing I wish for now is that they fill the gap between this model and the Bali GT Special, something in the PE4-6 range.

Picture below, GT measured 112cm to the fork.

Rod- Custom Kaiser Lightcast 73H
Reel- Twinpower 5000SW
Line- 30lb Sunline Super PE
Lure- Smith Baby Runboh

Narc

Thank mate for the catch report.
Great write-up, great photo and most importantly, a beautiful fish.
The strength of this rod is in its casting distance, fast action, lightweight yet strong butt power.
I believe you would have experienced all these during your tussle with this beautiful specimen and hopefully with that, your confidence on this rod now grows to believe that it can handle huge fish for its line class.
Do hope to hear more from your experience with it as we go along, and may each catch superceeds the last fish in size!

Thank you for using Kaiser Gears.