Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aussie reel
March 11, 2010, 10:52:42 AM
I also see that they have pulled Nomad from their list of operators who use/buy their reels!  :o :o :o That was quick.. so which other operators don't really use tufftackle onboard??  ::) ::)
AKA: Sunny

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 11:03:06 AM
So Jeff.....you are calling us all liars then?!?!?!
I like you to come over and say that in person.

To bluntly place everyone who made a post on this thread liars is quite pathetic.
Ive spoken to a number of people who have bought and used these reels. 10 OUT OF 10 says it was a WASTE OF MONEY!!! A Banax Si 7000 will last longer!!

Really I shouldnt be in this shit fight over a reel I dont own.

No more comments from me...
Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:09:38 AM by Hon-Su Chin

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 11:46:04 AM
Guys - I  again asking everyone to keep the discussion at a respectable level. I do not want this to get to the point where I have to lock the thread. This has almost never been necessary in the history of this forum and I don't want to do that so please, feel free to post your views but do it the right way. 
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 11:56:06 AM
I also see that they have pulled Nomad from their list of operators who use/buy their reels!  :o :o :o That was quick.. so which other operators don't really use tufftackle onboard??  ::) ::)

Ditto that - yesterday arvo there was a direct link to the Nomad site, I followed it just to check. 

Which makes you wonder doesn't it...a tufftackle representative has seen or been informed of the details of this thread, so much so that they altered their website.

So tufftackle - we're a bunch of disbelievers.  If you stand by your product so strongly why not join up and talk us through it?  Some photos of your aussie factory and machine shop, plus some of the raw protos you obviously had machined up before you went to the manufacturing stage plus some background info etc etc would be great.

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 01:19:26 PM
I've edited my response because I think the irony sums it up better than anything I could have said.

'Just an honest opinion from a fisherman who hates to see others spend their money on overpriced tackles that are designed to wear and fail'
Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:23:09 PM by Kasey Leong
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 13, 2010, 08:01:35 AM
WOW this is doing the rounds on all the forums .........can the weather be so shitty every one is indoors ?? i dont feel so bad anymore clocked up 52 knots of wind  during the week  my side . JEFF JEFF JEFF !! :( :( :(

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 13, 2010, 09:16:43 AM
Pretty shitty in Cairns, hit 43 knots a couple days ago, consistently in the 20's.  Plus squalls.  Ahh, boat stuck in the shed again.
Cairns Bommie Basher

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 13, 2010, 09:26:47 AM
Check out the BOM 7 day forecast...is that a cyclone next week for the queensland coast?  Also I heard Nomad had to cancel just their 2nd trip ever scheduled this week due to the winds...it's definitely blowing!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 15, 2010, 02:03:55 PM
YES!! Cabin Fever has set in with me and Pete in Fiji, thanks 'Thomas' ::)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2010, 06:11:21 PM
wind blew a 300kg tuna into a rockpool yesterday was going to take my CABO 70 and go catch it but the alarm went off ! maybe give it a bash tonight if NEPPS hasnt caught it on his 3000 STELLA . at least the coffee was still warm  :D  wind wind wind !! 

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
March 15, 2010, 06:51:25 PM
I caught it on my Slade 4000 mate, but tagged it and released it for fear of the bunny huggers lynching me on the beach....

Put up a good account of itself on 4lb braid....

In reality I did have a little paddle round Sandvlei on Saturday morning ( my first morning off in 66 days straight... ) and there was a ton of action.... took the Voladors and Baby Runbohs for a swim, trying for those monster Leerfish in there.... had a few follows from the smaller fish, and one proper smash from a 10 kilo plus fish which managed not to get itself hooked....

I reckon its the way forward, big stickbaits, for those 20 kilo fish in there... when you see the size of the mullet they chase, I'm thinking that even an Ulua 150 wouldn't be too big.... scare the bejesus outta the folks walking their dogs if you had to start throwing a 150 gram stickbait with size 13/0 singles up one of the canals I reckon,.... the folks living on the water would think their kid/dog had fallen off the balcony into the water!!!

Sorry for the threasd derail....
Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:55:23 PM by Andre van Wyk
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2010, 07:23:15 PM
keagan got his 1st leerie on an ORION bigfoot , more messing round to see how they swim .got a 12kg the other day on popper .

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 12:51:24 AM
Nice work chaps. A 10KG plus Leerie preferably from the surf is firmly on the list. Never caught one the whole time I was in SA. Probably because I was 10 years old and happy to fish for stonebream and blacktails!

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 07:05:54 AM
My biggest leerie so far 18.5kg in the vlei , so a big stickbait will work .

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 06:35:33 PM
Ok I give up...Whats a leerie?