Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aussie reel
February 28, 2010, 12:37:35 PM
Hey, they must have done okay 'cos we have not heard otherwise and he did say they were "super tough"

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 04, 2010, 08:38:47 PM
actually, he did not once say the spinning reels were super tough on that trip!  ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

AustralianAngling

March 04, 2010, 10:09:31 PM
I had the chance to test the XTA DIABLO SNIPER 10000 from Tuff Tackle last season on-board our vessel, they are solid and well built for the money, I will be taking 2 to PNG in the coming months for customers to use and where they will be tested allot harder.
With the reel retailing for $650 I am not sure what you can buy for another $200.00 but it would certainly not be a Stella or a Saltiga. This reel is not designed to compete with them either it is back in the Catalina priced area. 
As for parts this is an Australian maker and there are plenty of parts and he has always been very helpful. For a person who does not have over $1200.00 to spend on a new reel, then for the money and the offer of a good warranty it certainly fits into the mid range price reel.
Not everybody can afford a Ferrari.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 05, 2010, 06:19:39 PM
This is off another site Steve, why put up the specs of a Commodore/Falcon priced reel like a Catalina, Twin Power or Saragosa, but compare it's pricing with a 'Ferrari'.

"new range tuff tackle..Diablo 9000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see tuff tackle have a new range of eggbeaters with a 10 year warranty.
Would be interesting to see if it would stand up to H/duty use.
It's a big claim they have but yah never know.

Tuff Tackle. Australia.
Not $1000 to $1500 like Stella or Dogfight reels

Features: - 24kg rated with 44lb of drag (100 - 150lb sharks, tuna, marlin with ease)
- Gear box lubrication port.
- Al-Si-Cu Aluminium body, and rotor, bail arm assembly.
- (NO GRAPHITE).
- All sintered bronze gears.
- Non reversible LARGE one-way bearing (permanent one-way).
- Stainless steel, Anit reverse Gear Ratchet
- Positive lock Screw in crank handle ( Left or right handed).
- Ball bearing spool (for high speed drag runs).
- Stainless steel, and carbon fibre composite drag washers.
- Fully sealed Drag.
- Patented handle and knob, with lubrication points.
- Bearing line level pulley.
- 3mm bail wire.
- Line capacity 20lb-280yds 16lb 310yds 28lb 200yds 0.37mm-320m 0.4mm 300m 0.5mm-220m.
- Linear bearing race for internal slide plate.
- All Stainless 316 alloy for all metal components (Marine).
- All Aluminium alloy Al-Si-Cu (Marine).
- Gear ratio 4.4:1.
- Weight 800grams.
- Suits 10 - 37 kg spinning, jig, and game rods.
- Requires reels seats # 22mm or bigger (Most rods over 10kg are #22mm - #25mm)
With 2 years of research and developement
########## has come up with the PERFECT
reel, suitable for snapper to tuna to mako shark fishing,
and also suitable for suf fishing, one reel to cover most fishing types,
deck out the boat with 5 reels for the price of one of the competitions similarly rated products."
Greg 'FFF' Burt

AustralianAngling

March 05, 2010, 07:26:19 PM
Greg
Tuff tackle reel is even cheaper than a Catalina 6500 so sure makes it affordable for those on a budget, do you believe everything you read in the news paper.
If it can do the job for the average Angler which I would say allot on this site are, and be lucky to fish maybe 20 days a year and that's all you can afford then I reckon it will do the job just fine. When I started doing GT charters 20 years ago with Japanese, we were not using Stella's and Saltiga's just spoilt these days.

Robert Palcak

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 05, 2010, 07:57:56 PM
Steve

I'm sure there is a market for these reels... but just for the record, I've personally had fairly heated debates with the guy(no names mentioned) who has the commercial interest in this reel in another forum. His claims were that the diablo was just as good if not better than the Saltiga and that the Stella's were absolute rubbish that they blow up... yes they are his words.
Like Greg said... they certainly are being compared with Saltiga's and Stella's.

Cheers Rob
Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:59:38 PM by Robert Palcak
<*///><

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 05, 2010, 08:49:16 PM
I would still prefer even a second hand Ferrari

Pete

AustralianAngling

March 05, 2010, 09:56:32 PM
Even third hand if it's a red one.

craig breadsell

March 05, 2010, 10:55:28 PM
I ended up with a banax  gt 5000w to test  a year or 2 ago on GT's, after destroying the drag on the first day of use it was upgraded to Carbontex washers and hasn't let me down yet!!! However it is on my light gt rod (15-24kg t-curve) with 50lb braid. It hasn't let me down and it has caught plenty of GT's up to 30kg over the time. Would I buy one........ Well the rod now wears a saragossa that we bought with a few tournament vouchers, I'm a bit of a shimano man but I'm afraid performance wise I can't fault the banax as a light number if that was your budget range.
Lure wise I've caught heaps of fish on the captiva's, at the price they are a great disposable lure. Sure the action is not as good as a top GT popper but I live in Nth Qld and I simply can't aford to lose many $50 lures. Especially when it doesn't matter what colour shape or action it is, sometimes all you need is to land it in the right spot. Great lures work on tough days but there are plenty of days where it just doesn't matter what you use, they all get chewed. 

John Joubert

March 07, 2010, 09:42:21 AM
Steve

I'm sure there is a market for these reels... but just for the record, I've personally had fairly heated debates with the guy(no names mentioned) who has the commercial interest in this reel in another forum. His claims were that the diablo was just as good if not better than the Saltiga and that the Stella's were absolute rubbish that they blow up... yes they are his words.
Like Greg said... they certainly are being compared with Saltiga's and Stella's.

Cheers Rob
:o

Im not saying anything :D

except tested them, broke them, got rid of them.

JJ
Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:23:19 PM by John Joubert

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 12:17:56 AM
I swear I've seen this exact same reel before, just a different handle knob and instead of 'Tuff Tackle' on it, it had something else. Same colour, spool, drilled holes, everything. Initially I thougt it was TiCa, but I checked and its not. I'll soon find out.

Are you sure its an 'Aussie reel' and not just a rebadged OEM? I know you guys might not see very much, but here in SEA the market is flooded with hundreds of cheap products. Eg, those black magic pliers are marketed by at least 2 other companies. Anyway, I'm just wondering aloud - I won't make unfounded allegations without evidence.

I'll go do some homework for pics.

Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 05:30:49 AM
This is interesting . there is a New Zealand guy trying to promote the same reels for the south african market as a substitute for stella's  and daiwa 's . the website looks impressive with the stats etc . wonder what will happen on a 100kg yellowfin  though  ;) ;)?

Han Phuah

March 10, 2010, 05:15:58 PM
Kasey, I think you are referring to an Ajiking Wahoo 8000. Here's a post on 360tuna.com with pics and stats on the Ajiking Wahoo 8000. Interestingly it costs $130 and this Tufftackle Diablo 10000's asking price is $700...  :o

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f60/australian-made-waterproof-spinner-9292/#post99055

Here's a direct link to Ajiking's Wahoo:

http://www.ajiking.com/spinning-wh.html

I swear I've seen this exact same reel before, just a different handle knob and instead of 'Tuff Tackle' on it, it had something else. Same colour, spool, drilled holes, everything. Initially I thougt it was TiCa, but I checked and its not. I'll soon find out.

Are you sure its an 'Aussie reel' and not just a rebadged OEM? I know you guys might not see very much, but here in SEA the market is flooded with hundreds of cheap products. Eg, those black magic pliers are marketed by at least 2 other companies. Anyway, I'm just wondering aloud - I won't make unfounded allegations without evidence.

I'll go do some homework for pics.
Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:12:56 PM by Han Phuah

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 05:30:32 PM
Getting better by the minute. ;D

Pete

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 05:39:53 PM
Kasey, I think you are referring to an Ajiking Wahoo 8000. Here's a post on 360tuna.com with pics and stats on the Ajiking Wahoo 8000. Interestingly it costs $130 and this Tufftackle Diablo 10000's asking price is $700...  :o

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f60/australian-made-waterproof-spinner-9292/#post99055

;D ;D             They are identical!

God, read the specs on the tufftackle website...talk about a SPINning reel  ::) ;)
Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:41:25 PM by Travis Heaps