Aaron Concord

Hi All,

Yesterday arvo was spent in the company of the Fishead Team, Tak Otsuka, Brandon Khoo and Kenji Konishi from Carpenter.

It was a display of the new Monster Hunter, Endless Passion and Blue Chaser series of rods and a chance for 'Joe Public' to come on down to meet these guy.

It isn't everyday you get that kind of opportunity to not only play with incredible gear but to also ask questions about fighting technique, rod design, casting technique and to see Konishi-san swim a Gamma like it is supposed to!

I'd just like to say thanks for Duncan & Janelle for putting the arvo together.  To get Tak, Brandon and Konishi in the one place with all these goodies was excellent.

Cheers,

Aaron.
PS. The white Gamma 160F looked HORNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Did you get to see Konishi demonstrate the FG knot, Aaron?

He ties this knot like a demon  8)

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:

Hi jay ,

No we didn't .

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:

I will second this...  ;D

Here's Kenji san demonstrating the FG at Yeehaa Tackle here in NZ...

Good on the Fish Head team, those involved and also the other tackle stores that also put these information session's on for all to see...

As a young aspiring lure builder it was great to meet Kenji san and crew, also to see some items you may not get to see elsewhere e.g. Next years rods, prototypes, big gamma's...

Good stuff guys!  8)

Aaron Concord

Jay,

As Mick said, he didn't do an FG knot demo, though no one asked either!

I saw him first do them in 2006.......he was friggin fast back then when most people didn't even know what a friction knot was!

Having said that, everyone was pretty chuffed just to be able to rock up to a rod stand full of Carpenter's and take them down to the water to try and ping a lure into the next postcode.

Watching Konishi-san load a rod again was great.  He can generate a heck of a lot of speed over a short distance, especially since he's not tall.  He has impeccable timing.

It was the first time I have seen Brandon cast too.  He can punch a Gamma a mile too!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Aaron ,

You mean like these ?

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Aaron Concord

Jon,

Exactly like this!!!!!

I rattled off a bunch of images with the Nikon D300 @ 6 frames a second.

I posted a couple up on the Carpenter facebook site. 

It would be cool to film him with high speed video just to see the full casting cycle.

Konishi makes some of those Carpenter rods scream for mercy.  They get contorted into all sorts of unbelievable arcs when he loads a rod!

Cheers,

Aaron.