Jamie Moir

Moo,

a few of you would know me from other boards, so hi all.

I just got back from a trip to Exmouth. The jigging was a little ordinary, so we did a lot more topwater stuff. I noticed that my outfit just didn't have the retrieve to anger the trevs into striking mostly.

I did lose about 50m of PE3 and a zipbaits ssm to a 1m GT in South Passage, it was worth it for the laughs.

I'm looking for tips on rod and reel combos that won't cost the earth, and won't get used all the time. I wanted to go for PE5ish, as anything more than that is a bit like overkill for Exmouth and I have no immediate plans for trips to GT popping meccas. I'm much more likely to use it in Exmouth and perhaps another few locations stickbait/poppering for Tuna.

I was thinking about a Daiwa Catalina 4500H, but then was warned that the gearing in the Daiwa Seagate 4500H is better and the reel is cheaper to boot. I was hoping to get 250-300m of PE5 on

I have a Majorcraft PE3 spin rod, and its done really well with whatever I've thrown at it,  and was wondering about the Majorcraft Offblow OB-83Tuna, but a friend's OB-73 failed at the butt joint, on a 50cm golden trev and it seems they come with no warranty whatsoever.

Also wondered if the new OTI sniper with the lower lure weight might be worth waiting for as well.

Ta,

Jamie