Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Great job Warwick. Love those aesthetics.

Have you used the rod yet? If so, a short review would be great.

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
I personally think the way the blank was held at the tip while it was painted and the recommendation of thread colour is what really makes it work  :P ;) ;D

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
 :) yes Travis's steadiness and my erratic spray painting turned out pretty well! 

Hi Mark, No I havent used it yet apart from casting some hookless lures to double check guide spacing and rod loading. I was hoping to get out this weekend but the weather is rubbish :(

Kaiser Pro Shop

Nicely done up Warwick! Hope the rod catches you some good fish. I think one of our guys brought a 20kg GT to boatside with the light cast 70m :)

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Finally got to get out and use the new rod. We found a patch of meter Queenfish and had a bit of fun throwing a 40g nomad dogtooth lure. Its so nice to blood a rod on its first outing :D

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Very nice Warwick and well done.

Is that a Saltiga 4500 you paired it with?  And the line class?

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Yes Mark its a z4500h loaded with 50lb Accubraid, I wanted 40lb but it was not available locally.

A short review,

We started the day casting with PE8 and PE10 rods, wrestled a few 20-25kg GT's to the boat before thinking about having a throw with the Lightcast 70M. The run in the tide had slowed so I decided to test out the 70M throwing sebile bonga's and R2S sea rock slugs up to 80g. My first impression was that it seemed a bit noodle like, especially after using the bigger rods for a few hours. However as my confidence grew in the blank I really started to load it up in the cast sending the sea rock slug further than I have thrown any lure!
Crisp casting and excellent blank recovery, casting lures to 80g is not a problem with this rod.
As the tide started to move again we moved spots to a small rock bar coming off an island, a few casts with the bigger rods (using large poppers) and we noticed plenty of action behind the lures but no takes. Cue the Lightcast, I quickly rigged it up with a Nomad Dogtooth stickbait 40gram, running a single on the tail and an assist hook from the nose. Once again the casting distance was good even though it was a lighter lure. The 70m is perfect for this type of luring, effortlesly making the lure dance through the water.
It wasn't long before I was hooked up solid to a quite aerial queenfish, It's quite remarkable how much hurt you can put on a fish with this rod, It has plenty of grunt down low and subdueing the meter queenie after his 2 runs was a piece of cake.

Another 2 fish were landed in the next 10 minutes or so 1 by myself and another by Travis all at the meter mark. Happy with the rods performance we headed off then to try to tangle with some bigger GT's on the heavy gear while the tide was still pumping.
I cant wait to tangle with some bigger fish on this rod.

Eric Lim

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:

Dave Hoo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Just wondering if the blank is still avail for sale as I heard that its out of stock, thanks

Kaiser Pro Shop

Hi Dave,

Stock has yet to arrive. We will start a thread once we receive stock of the LightCast 70M.

cheers

Narc

Hi Warwick, are you still hanging around in this forum?
Hows the going for you?

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Ah Gu, yes still "popping" around  :D

I still have the Lightcast 70M, its my favorite light rod. I am about to build a second one for a friend, I have been holding onto the blank deciding weather I can part with it or not. Good thing its going to a good friend.

Narc

Hi Ah Gu, yes still "popping" around  :D

I still have the Lightcast 70M, its my favorite light rod. I am about to build a second one for a friend, I have been holding onto the blank deciding weather I can part with it or not. Good thing its going to a good friend.

Great!
I have sent you a PM!  ;)

Hope that will make the decision making a little simpler!