Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What did you spool your 20K Stella with?
December 03, 2015, 11:58:44 PM
I was really into jigging a few years ago and mostly conventional at that. I am heading to Tanzania in a few months and will be bringing a 20K Stella for jigging doggies paired with a 500G rod which right now is an X-12 from Temple Reef. That rod is subject to change as I have not fished it enough to tell if I like it or not but the 20K is a definite. Aside from this trip, the reel will likely sit in the garage with the exception of some Bluefin jigging in North Carolina. Point being, it will always be used for heavy jigging. I like to fish maybe up to 350g jigs with the preference around 250 to 300 with this setup. I am maybe good for 13-15kg of drag MAX and will palm the spool after that.

I am, in and around the tackle industry. As such I have access to many name brands like Shimano, Diawa and Jerry Brown so one of those would be nice due to the price. Yet, I have no problem throwing some other line in my cart at SaltyWater Tackle if someone feels there is a "best in class" out there for the purpose described.

Suggestions?

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: What did you spool your 20K Stella with?
December 04, 2015, 11:19:03 PM
Who are you g0ing with Courtland?

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What did you spool your 20K Stella with?
December 06, 2015, 02:18:47 AM
Who are you g0ing with Courtland?

PM sent.