Anthony Dillon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Komodo - boats ?
March 01, 2012, 03:11:14 PM
Guys,

I need some help with operators in Komodo please.  The x-treme Ulua boat is back in Surabaya for maintenance  so struggling  too find a boat to use there in march. Was hoping to take my 2 sons up for their first introduction to GT's ( 10 and 12 years old). if anyone knows of any boats operting there currently pls advise

Many thanks

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Komodo - boats ?
March 01, 2012, 03:38:38 PM
Anthony - X-treme Ulua would have been my recommendation but I know you are very aware of them.

Ocean Dreams is also out of the water at the moment (and without a captain) so that is not an option.

I have dropped an email to someone who might know of another recommendation and I will let you know.

Komodo is a heck of a place for a first GT introduction!  You might want to strap the boys to the boat!
Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:50:23 PM by Mark Harris

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 02, 2012, 09:37:28 PM
I will post this publicly Anthony rather than a PM as it might be helpful to others in future.

Absent X-treme Ulua, a good and reliable contact of mine recommended trying the Lumba Lumba boat. I have had a quick dig and it seems they cater a lot for Japanese guys wishing to fish for GTs in Komodo. Might be worth dropping them an email:  [email protected] .

Cheers and good luck.

Anthony Dillon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 03, 2012, 11:55:07 AM
Mark - many thanks. Adhek recommended the same so will give them a shout.