Adrian Moyle

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fiji advice
November 15, 2013, 08:09:39 PM
Anyone able to assist with some local contacts for charters in Fiji. My wife and I are moving to Fiji in January 2014, going to be based in Suva. Will hopefully be heading over to Kandavu as much as possible for some popping and jigging expeditions.

Also if anyone is looking for an extra number for a Fiji trip next year I would be keen. 

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Re: Fiji advice
November 20, 2013, 02:33:32 PM
I would contact site sponsor Ocean Blue and/or Ono Island Resort.

I've seen good things - always on the list for me if I can get time between some of the other major haunts I kick around on.

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 20, 2013, 05:54:14 PM
A few Fiji locals on this forum who hopefully will chime in. Notably Sachin who is very knowlegable and fishes this area a fair bit.
I'm very fond of Kadavu and Ono, (well Fiji as a whole) though haven't fished there for a few years. Popping and jigging should be pretty reliable. I know the pelagic action offshore has taken a hit from foreign longliner fleets allowed to smash the $hit out of it. 

For you based in Suva you could also do day trips out of the Coral Coast, speak to Danny @ Mango Bay resort & he could fit you on with a group if need be.

Cheers Dave

Adrian Moyle

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
November 22, 2013, 10:16:55 PM
I am a newbie when it comes to popping for GT's, so I was hoping to get out on a few charters to learn the ropes. The suggestions above should be a great starting point, thanks guys.
Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:18:42 PM by Adrian Moyle