john desarce

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FIJI travel next july
January 17, 2018, 08:51:47 AM
Hello guys, i am preparing my next travel with my wife next july (i plan to be there from 15 july to 15 August)

And i have a few questions about the fiji island:

Do yo know good points for fishing overthere ? i 'll have the marine charts on navionics and i plan to find someone (local fisherman maybe..) who can bring me on the sea.
The main goal is just travelling with my wife but i hope to go fishing 2 or 3 times from a boat and i cant afford to pay a professional for that.
what price is possible to negociate for a local fisherman ?
I will take my rod and reel.... =) Popper 80lbs and shimano twinpower 1000, what do u think about it?

I will stay on the main island 10 /15 days i think and i will try other islands like kandavu (south) or maybe taveuni who seems to be good places to fish.
Is that possible to catch good fish from the sand ? ( popper 2,55m ..=)

If u know someone otherthere i will be happy to plan something with him ! Thank you

christiancochrane

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: FIJI travel next july
March 13, 2018, 09:06:07 PM
Hi john,
I was just in Fiji staying at the intercontinental resort  and managed to get out for a fish in a local Fijian boat.
It’s costs about $50 Fijian per hour and I found early mornings were the best.
There are some big gts there so take your heavy gear.

If you target just behind the surf breaks, casting along the drop offs you should pretty well.
Poppers worked the best for me.

Also if you find a few bays that head into the mainland, find and fish the current lines.

Hope this helps and if you want to know more let me know
Good luck

john desarce

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FIJI travel next july
March 20, 2018, 09:32:36 AM
Hello Christian,
Thank you very much for your advices, my gear will be ready for the biggest gt =) I will maybe try to jig as well if it's possible for the dog tooth. Finally I will stay 2 weeks on the yasawas,  1 week on taveuni and 1 on kadavu. I think that the 3 places are enough remote to find good fish... We ll see. If I come back with nice pictures I ll let the here with a report =))