Benjamin Yaw

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
FEED SaltworX GT83H Popping Rod
May 29, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
Hi does anyone hs any experience using the FEED SaltworX GT83 H Popping Rod? Any comments or feedbacks?

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: FEED SaltworX GT83H Popping Rod
May 31, 2018, 01:11:23 AM
Send Hesh at Knotbigenuff an email, he stocks them and should be able to give you some advice on them.

Benjamin Yaw

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 31, 2018, 02:01:00 PM
Thanks a lot Chris!

Ming Choi

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
June 07, 2018, 03:42:19 PM
Hi Benjamin Yaw,

Saw this rod first hand during a remote trip in Indonesia.
The rod can cast quite a long way and is very easy on the body. I believe the best fish we landed was around high 20's to low 30kg, not sure on exact weight but was a decent fish!

I was fishing with some of the guys from FEED lures, so lures that were thrown were mostly the FEED range of poppers (Cone 120, Pin 135) and the rod handled them pretty well. Also threw some prototype stickbaits to 150g.
I would say sweet spot is 120-140g in terms of lure weights and overall an all rounder with more of a stickbait orientation.

I would say a good of this rod is somewhere you need to cast lures a long way, or something you reach for on day 4 or 5 of a multi piece trip when you are fatigued.
The rod would pair well with a size 14000 shimano stella or something similar.
I believe it is a very attractive price as well, costing half of what most other popping rods would!

(I'm not affiliated with FEED or have any commercial interest, just another fisherman)

Benjamin Yaw

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
June 12, 2018, 08:50:19 PM
Hi @Ming Choi ,

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks! Really appreciate it!

U mentioned a Stella 14K will match well, how about a Stella 18K?

Damian Fantozzi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
September 03, 2018, 12:29:49 PM
Hey Benjamin Yaw,

Bait tackle store in Underwood, Brisbane stocks them so I have handled one. I own its little brother the 75H which is a lovely PE3 stick.

Anyway, In my view the GTH wouldn't balance as well with an 18k. It would feel perfect with a 600-700 gram reel like the 14k.

Its hard to find specs on the rod, if you emailed Ivan at Bait he would weigh one for you. I suspect it would be mid 300g range for rod mass. The Major Craft Giant Killing GKC-86 Tuna is a similar rod, and that weighs 329 grams.

My understanding is that FEED are manufactured by Major Craft, and having loaded the GT83H and GKC86 Tuna and also the Crostage rods side by side, they are pretty similar in many respects, perhaps that helps.

cheers