Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: (ask) popping rod for GT under 25kg
January 02, 2010, 08:05:20 PM
Christian, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your question. You're asking me why you should buy a Stella 10000 over an Accurate 30 and in the next sentence, you're complaining about getting tired?!   ???    Is this a serious question?!

Seriously though, apart from the obvious issue with weight, if you need to ask why I am recommending a Stella over an Accurate, you haven't done much research at all.

@ Jon Li: Hehehe... I'll get SP80M just two days from Jakarta to Nias.

@ Brandon Khoo: Yes Brandon, i'm looking Stella 10000XG for my SP80M. But i want to know what reason stella better than twinspin?

Yesterday i'm popping with SP80M + SR30L + PE8 + Cubera 150gr. I'm casting nonstop in three hour.
Why i'm very tired? Whether because very heavy weight or because SP80M very stif? Please give me input..

chris,
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Yaniv Adler

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 02, 2010, 10:54:44 PM
right on brandon you could not say it better shimano all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 02, 2010, 11:39:21 PM
Oh no... You've just started a shimano vs ..... subthread..!!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D 
AKA: Sunny

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 02, 2010, 11:56:16 PM
@ Jon Li: Hehehe... I'll get SP80M just two days from Jakarta to Nias.

@ Brandon Khoo: Yes Brandon, i'm looking Stella 10000XG for my SP80M. But i want to know what reason stella better than twinspin?

Yesterday i'm popping with SP80M + SR30L + PE8 + Cubera 150gr. I'm casting nonstop in three hour.
Why i'm very tired? Whether because very heavy weight or because SP80M very stif? Please give me input..

chris,

Christian ,

2 days during the last few days of the year is fast , I was told by the courier service they can't promise one day service for Bali shipment , Nias Island is a little more complicated to reach than Bali .

If I am not mistaken , before this SP80M you have DJ83ML , now these 2 Carpenter rods are quite different in action n graphite modulus . DJ series are rods meant for beginners and the way to cast SP series is quite different that the " lobbing " style used for DJ series , my suggestion is you try lighter Cubera . Please note that Cubera 150 + 2 trebles + splitrings can become 175 gr. or more depending on the type of trebles n size of splitrings and this weight is very close to the stated " lure weight " of SP80M which is 190 gr. .

Another advise is to do exercise as Brock advised but my suggestion is you practice casting more often using 100 ~ 125 gr. lures and get used to with the action of SP series .

On another note , SR30 is heavy metal and you may do better with lighter reels and yours is a low geared one too , may have to reel a bit faster to retrieve line after each stroke , this also can contribute to your tiredness after 3 hr. of casting n popping .

Jon . 
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .