Aaron Gates

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
New Caledonia
February 01, 2018, 03:26:12 PM
Heading to New Caledonia 5-14 October 2018 with the wife and keen for a fish.

Any land based opportunities, worth taking my gear?

Struggling to find information on tour operators that are currently running. Contacted Nekwata Surf but unsure if there are any others.

Thanks in advance

Aaron

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: New Caledonia
February 01, 2018, 06:02:44 PM
Hi Aaron,

There are few established operators in New Cal. As a result, they tend to be booked out years in advance. If you’re just looking to do a couple of day trips, the options narrow further.

That being said, there’s a chance Etienne Picquel of Blue Calédonie charters will have some availability. I reckon the Nekweta folks are going to put you in contact with him anyway.

I have no idea about land-based options. But where there’s a will, there’s a way!

Cheers,

Ryan.
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Andrew Hunt

• Phytoplankton
  • Yiew!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 11, 2018, 09:40:05 PM
Heading to New Caledonia 5-14 October 2018 with the wife and keen for a fish.

Any land based opportunities, worth taking my gear?

Struggling to find information on tour operators that are currently running. Contacted Nekwata Surf but unsure if there are any others.

Thanks in advance

Aaron

Hey! I'm currently living/fishing in New Caledonia. There is some land-based popping possible for trevally (mostly gold-spot, but also brassy and the occasional GT) we often get GTs in the kayak so definitely bring your gear. Are you just staying in Noumea? There's a few charter operations here if you are looking to get out. You'll be coming in the middle of mackerel season so as long as you can get away for a morning then you'll definitely get into some mackerel, and there should be GT around too.

You can check out a few of our fishing vids from Newcal here if you want to see the kinds of fish on offer:

Feel free to ask anything you want to know about fishing in New Caledonia. There's almost nothing that I could find on the internet when I was learning, so best to ask what you want to know :D For land based spots, best to tell me what gear you're bringing and where you are staying then I can try and give you some directions.

Aaron Gates

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
March 14, 2018, 12:00:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

Have sent you a PM.