Bwanna Surya

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Very Informative Brandon....thank for sharing

Can you tell us the exact spec of the 79XH RF45? Interested to know.....

Cheers,
Bwanna

Ewan Macleod

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Thanks for the write up Brandon really appreciate the info and exciting to hear Carpenter is busy with a bunch of new rods.

Great to see the pictures of Konoshi fighting fish with the MH80- he looks so balanced like he is doing tai chi rather than struggling with a 40-50 odd kg brute!

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
hi boys.

i am wondering if there is anyone in Sydney who has got a Monster Hunter 80H and provided if it is no problem's at all with you if you are or would be willing for me to meet you somewhere if we could arrange to meet somewhere so i can have a look at the rod,  as i am really considering getting one myself but if possible would like to have a look at one first and then go from there,  which i am sure i will really like it but just to be sure.

Please PM me,  thankyou and greatly appreciated if you are willing to do so.
Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:44:34 PM by Sam Conacher

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Awesome reviews Brandon. So, where can we get hold of these new models?  ;D

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Here is the list of international dealers, Eric. Please note that not all dealers will opt to carry all the models as they are released. Check with them to find out.

http://www.carpenter.ne.jp/co%20index%20english/co%20overseas%20dealer.htm
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Nice post Brandon, how did you find the comparison between the LR88 and the EP.  I've been using the LR88 for a while and found it to be a majic caster - really flatters my casting ability - but a bit of a handful after hookup (I'm just a desk jockey not a landscaper!). 

It looks like the EP's lock up a little further down the blank would this be right?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Peter, I feel the Endless Passion is a little progressive than a Long Reef in that it folds just a little easier through the blank which it turn makes it easier on the angler

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I don't know what the exact specs are - sorry

Very Informative Brandon....thank for sharing

Can you tell us the exact spec of the 79XH RF45? Interested to know.....

Cheers,
Bwanna

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Brandon,

Do you think the MH 80H would be suitable all-rounder for a beginner, comparable to a Ripplefisher 79R?
Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:09:37 PM by Eric Tai

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Guys ,

Here are the specifications of MH80H n MH79XH .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I'd suggest that the Monster Hunter is a bit stronger than the 79R Ripple, especially down low. It really comes down to the individual and what they want to fish for. If you are principally looking to fish PE6-8 with poppers of no more than 140g and stickbaits of say up to 160g, I'd actually look for a Coral Viper CV79 RF40.

If yuo want to up the weight of the lures by say around 20g and you want to fish PE8 principally and dabble with PE10 from time to time, I'd look at the 79R. If you're look at lures of the same size to maybe up to another 20g and you want more power in the rod, then the MH80H would be good.

I don't like to group beginners because some may have little fishing experience whilst others may have fished extensively. People also come in all sorts of shapes and sizes

Brandon,

Do you think the MH 80H would be suitable all-rounder for a beginner, comparable to a Ripplefisher 79R?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Superb reviews and thank you so much.

I can see myself very much in the market for a MH 80H.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I've just added some comments on a prototype 82/37 that we tested during the week as well. I hadn't included this previously but as Kenji San has now given it a designation, it would indicate a release is possible. I'm not 100% sure how this rod will fit into the Carpenter range at this point.
Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:08:32 PM by Brandon Khoo

Sam Loh

Hi Brandon, I have been following your posts for couple of months now and finally I think I picked up enough knowledge ask to few beginner's questions..

I owned a Yamaga 76/8 and able to cast 75m with popper below 150gram. Fished once in Maldive and couple of trips around Malaysia but have yet to challenge by any GT of more than 25kg. I am very comfortable with poppers from 100-125 grams and will try out E Cup and Craft bait on my next trip but that's maximum I will go in term of popper as my body can't handle any heavy rod like RF GT79H due to previous back injury.

I recently started to look into stickbait rod which can handle at least 170gram. I am looking at Ultimo 79H UG while waiting for the new Ultimo 82 and 83 to be come available until I read your excellent review on the new range of Carpenter and got excited on the EP thus come my question how would you compare the current Ultimo and EP? Do you think the new Ultimo 82 and 83 UG will share the same character as EP 82/37?

Sam from Singapore

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Sam

I haven't had an opportunity to check out the new longer Ultimos yet. There will be some similar characteristics between the longer Ultimos and Endless Passion range though in terms of action. Without having seen the new longer Ultimos, I'd postulaet that the EPs will have a slightly more progressive action whilst the Ultimos will be slightly faster through the blank. The EPs will still be a fair bit longer (a lot in the case of the EP88).

You're obviously a good caster notwithstanding the previous injury. You'll find both the longer Ultimos and EPs will cast considerably longer.