Sam Loh

Brandon, thanks for your swift reply. As EP85 stated by Carpenter a PE6-8 rod, I would presume the later EP82 being somewhat a PE8. Again do you postulate the Ultimo 83 MH UG Swim (PE8) will be in the same class as EP82 and Ultimo 82 H UG Swim with max lure stated at 230gram a much much heavier rod? Reason of asking is because I know the feel of RF Infinity 80 light, GT79R and GT78F but I have never tried a carpenter before thus a slightly more progressive action as you mentioned of which one will have more power down low?

cheers

Hi Sam

I haven't had an opportunity to check out the new longer Ultimos yet. There will be some similar characteristics between the longer Ultimos and Endless Passion range though in terms of action. Without having seen the new longer Ultimos, I'd postulaet that the EPs will have a slightly more progressive action whilst the Ultimos will be slightly faster through the blank. The EPs will still be a fair bit longer (a lot in the case of the EP88).

You're obviously a good caster notwithstanding the previous injury. You'll find both the longer Ultimos and EPs will cast considerably longer.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Sam, firstly, there is no guarantee that the 82/37 will be released, or if it is, released as an Endless Passion. That was simply a personal observation based on the feel of the rod. I would expect that there would a few similarities between that and UG83MH although I think the 82/37 may fall somewhere in between the two Ripples in power.

I can only draw a comparison on the Ripples between the current 79MH and 79H. In that case, the 79H is noticeably more powerful and will handle a significantly heavier casting weight.

Carpenter don't necessarily have a more progressive action - this is my observation specific to the Endless Passion range.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Sam Loh

Hi Brandon, thanks again and really appreciate

Sam

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
From a personal perspective, I will be looking closely at this rod as I have to admit that the UHL is beyond my capabilities these days and probably has been for a few years now.

Brandon, to read that makes me very sad  :'(

A strong young bloke like me should be able to handle the UHL no worries, but unfortunately somewhere along the way my right arm decided to fall off. To know that you once considered the UHL within your capabilities...

I am simply ashamed of myself! I'll go look for dad now so I can cry.  :-\

Did you also mention an 'old-man rod'? I think you have just sold the whole EP range to a certain shandy-guzzling angler!
Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:16:56 AM by Kasey Leong
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Shandy??? Oh dear Kasey...somewhere else please  :P :P :P

Steve Carruthers

Hello Brandon, very interesting mate.
I was going to buy a ripple fisher GT82 before my next trip. Now you've given me another option for a long cast PE8 rod for 120 gramish poppers.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Just got news , EP85/36 is going to be shipped out from Japan sometimes in May 2011 .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Gavin Ng

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
thanks very much for the review Brandon. The EP35 sounds like the rod I've been looking for to fish pe 6-8 for stickbaits and poppers between 100-150g. What is your opinion on how it compares to the RF GT82lc? Are you also able to give a comparison to the DJ83MH?

Also, does anyone know any retailers I can pre-order the ep from?

Zac Chilvers

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks for the review Brandon, I see that the 80H RF40 is available at some tackle stores now. I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on when the 79XH RF45 will be available
for sale?

Cheers Zac

Kai Caiyang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Kasey,
Indeed. Sold to the shandy guzzling fellow :)

From a personal perspective, I will be looking closely at this rod as I have to admit that the UHL is beyond my capabilities these days and probably has been for a few years now.

Brandon, to read that makes me very sad  :'(

A strong young bloke like me should be able to handle the UHL no worries, but unfortunately somewhere along the way my right arm decided to fall off. To know that you once considered the UHL within your capabilities...

I am simply ashamed of myself! I'll go look for dad now so I can cry.  :-\

Did you also mention an 'old-man rod'? I think you have just sold the whole EP range to a certain shandy-guzzling angler!

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Kai.... Do you need someone to cast it and work the lure back for you too? :P
AKA: Sunny

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:

That person had better not be Sunny!
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Thanks for the review Brandon, I see that the 80H RF40 is available at some tackle stores now. I was just wondering if anyone has an idea on when the 79XH RF45 will be available
for sale?

Cheers Zac

Hi Zac, 79XH is due for shipment from Japan in March.
Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:49:18 PM by Brandon Khoo

Zac Chilvers

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Yeah no worries Jay I have one on order, so hopefully shouldn't be to long now

Kai Caiyang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Sunny this time round, i wun need that. Buy it for catching Koi LOL. Brandon & Tak know that it's my Koi rod.