pierluigi mancosu

hello Brandon and all of you,

I read with greatest interest in particular about the Endless Passion 88/35 and my question is anybody can compare it to the Patriot Grand Armour Tuna Black Diamond 90
I must confess to have kept this rod on the boat without to test it on bluefin despite in july and august past year we were pratically all day trolling on large feeding of medium size bluefin, my crew was not too much inclined to spinning and I gave up the idea not to recover the 10 rods of the trolling spread , a real pity will not repeat this season

going back to the question the idea was to use the Patriot BD90 as relaxe rod on Gt , looking at the rod curve picture I tend to assimilate the two rods or the EP concept is consistently different from a tuna rod.
I have also a Zanzibar, a Black Mafia  and a  Armoclad 77

thaks, pier

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pierluigi, I'm not ure I understand your question. Are you asking whether the Patriot in question is similar in profile to a EP88? If that is your question, my response is I don't know. I have almost no knowledge of tuna rods.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

pierluigi mancosu

Thanks Brandon,

yes my question was if the Patriot Grand Armour has a similar profile to EP88 and in general if tuna rod above 8,5 in lenght differ in theyr action profile from rods like Long Reef and similar one's

hope to get a few bluefin this season to make an idea myself

ciao pier

Yannick BRUNI

Hello Brandon and all of you,

Thanks for this very informative post .... I was going to purchase a Coral Viper 79RF40 but now I am looking at the Endless Passion EP82 or EP85. I will use Stella 10000, PE8,  stickbaits and poppers max 145 gms. I have few questions :

Is the EP82/85 as capable as the CV 79RF40 to knock over 40 kgs GTs ?

I have seen the max lure for CV79/40 is 200gms, the max lure for EP82 is 190gms and the max lure for EP85 is 180gms ... What is the best casting rod for 140 gms lure ? Coral viper79 or Endless Passion 82, 85 ?

Do you think I will notice any difference in casting distance between the EP82 and EP85 ? Can these longer rods be used from shore occasionnaly?

I am amazed by the progressive action of EP rods, looks like a lot of fun !!!!!
Thank you very much for your input,
Regards

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Yannick,

From product development point of view, Carpenter thinks those two rods are:

CV79/40 = all round GT rod (we know rod is good for other species like Kingfish)
EP82/38 = versatile rod for many species like GT, Tuna, Kingfish

For 40kg+ GT you have mentioned, I think CV79/40 will be generally better choice for the capability to handle higher drag pressure if you are targeting GT mainly as long as casting distance is not critical factor in the area you fish.(If you need more drag then you go MH series.)

In terms of lure weight, you can cast 140g with any of these rods but for action it is bit hard to say by the weight and it will probably easier for members to advise you if you become bit more specific. (type or model)

I think 3 inches are generally noticeable in casting distance. I have not much idea in shore fishing but one of my dealers who has lots of shore fishing customer is selling EP85/36 well.

Cheers,
Tak

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Yannick
I don't think I would ever use the term "knock over" when talking about a 40kg GT!
The CV79 will be a better rod to fight a fish with but conversely, the EP82 and EP85 will cast further. All three rods load easily and cast very well but the longer rods will clearly be advantageous when casting.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Brandon/Tak,

Salute.....
any news/rumours on the production of EP86/40 R-P?
Based on Carpenter site, this rod was tested by Konishi-san / Ali-san during Montebello trip.

cheers
izhan

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Brandon/Tak,

Salute.....
any news/rumours on the production of EP86/40 R-P?
Based on Carpenter site, this rod was tested by Konishi-san / Ali-san during Montebello trip.

cheers
izhan

Hi Izhan,

This rod has been tested for a while now in many places and will probably come to production at some point.

It's probably all I can say at this stage and I shouldn't comment further before Carpenter mention about it. Sorry... :)

Cheers,
Tak