Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Tackle & Techniques / Re: Rod for 150g poppers (<600$)?
« Last post by Lorenz Seebauer on January 01, 2023, 03:02:52 AM »
Hi Brandon,
thank you. I'm quite happy so far  8)

I would suspect is is well capable of larger poppers. What's the heaviest/largest cup you have effectively worked?
The largest cup I fished with the PowerFight 711 is the Cubera 150, which worked very good. I didn't get a monster, yet, but it seems it was a good choice.
« Last post by Brandon Khoo on December 30, 2022, 05:32:11 PM »
The Ripple will be well suited for what you want it for
Lorenz - rigging for sailfish is very very different to what we rig for GTs. On lures, we rig much smaller hooks for sailfish. There really isn’t a compromise rig that is suitable for both that I have seen. Sailies are a real chance capture. I’ve only had two when fishing for GTs in some 23 years of GT fishing
Hi,
How do you rig your GT lures, when there is a chance for sailfish?
Is a single hook at the rear (maybe with some assist cord) increasing the chance to properly hook them up?
General Topwater & Jigging Discussion / Re: Welcome back!
« Last post by Chris Webster on November 11, 2022, 09:15:21 PM »
I joined this forum back in 2009 and its influence on my love for GT's cannot be over stated.
So much history, not to mention knowledge have graced these pages and hope to se GT Popping rise again.
General Topwater & Jigging Discussion / Buddy for Sokotra?
« Last post by Lorenz Seebauer on November 09, 2022, 09:46:57 PM »
Hi,
Is anyone interested in going to Sokotra/Socotra with a local tour operator and sharing a boat with me in e.g. march?

On the boats I have seen 3 people casting doesn't work very well. A groupsize of 2 or 4 would be ideal, to share a boat and a jeep (per 2 people) and to keep costs low. Living conditions there are very very basic. The people are poor, the boats cheap and the engines weak, but there are fish. Casting GT and a bit light game and jigging. We can mix in some sight seeing to take a break from casting.
Tackle & Techniques / Jig rod
« Last post by Dremyg on October 18, 2022, 06:59:32 AM »
Hi all

I am planning to visit Andaman to check off dogtooth tuna
I need a fast jig rod of pe~6 for jigs up to 350g to be paired with stella 10k
I was thinking of fcl labo 54 or fisherman spinoza

What are your input?
Tackle & Techniques / Re: Oil rigs
« Last post by Dremyg on October 18, 2022, 06:56:28 AM »
Hi Hamad

You can try some knife jigs like cutlass or fcl labo ls is great fast jig i am sure it will get aj attention
« Last post by Lorenz Seebauer on August 30, 2022, 05:05:03 AM »
Hi Chris,
Sorry, I am from Germany and only get the chance to fish for GTs once a year. Maybe I will test cast it in a local lake...

Ripple Fisher advertises it in a table as stiff rod for small, medium and large cuped poppers. They give a couple of examples for cup sizes.
« Last post by Chris Webster on August 27, 2022, 11:20:47 PM »
Hi,
How do you find the Ripple Fisher PowerFight GT 711 Nano?
I would suspect is is well capable of larger poppers. What's the heaviest/largest cup you have effectively worked?
Cheers,
Chris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10