Anthony Robinson

Samoa
January 15, 2010, 01:33:45 AM
Hi Everyone

Thanks for a great forum, really informative, I have learnt a lot so far.

I have just received confirmation that I will be heading to Samoa for work for 12 months starting in may this year.

Has anyone fished for GT's there ??

Can anyone recommend a local charter company to head out with when I get there. I am staying in the capital Apia.

I'll be there for a year so I intend on getting to know the place and the people, and hopefully get a heap of fishing and surfing in.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Anthony

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Samoa
January 16, 2010, 12:31:24 PM
Anthony, I was hoping someone else would respond to you as my knowledge of that area is poor, to say the least.

Samoa is not a location which seems to come up at all in GT discussions. My understanding is that the islands have been quite heavily exploited by commercial fisheries.

I am sure you will find some GTs there but I doubt they will be in the numbers and size of what we get in our own waters. Maybe you should get in touch with a couple of the operators there and you can also check it out and let the rest of us know what it is like!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Deon Kruger

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Samoa
February 14, 2010, 04:26:10 PM
Hi Anthony,I am also working in Samoa but will be in and out.Already looking for some spots to try(from the rocks/shore). Charter boats are expensive, out of my range.I will mostly fish from shore whenever i can.Heading back there in two weeks time.Would like to catch up with somebody who like fishing too.When you get there contact me on +6857748319.I am based in Apia too.There is a few trailer boats to so maybe we can arrange a day out with one of them.