Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TC Ului
March 15, 2010, 09:09:59 PM
yesshhh, yust chhaanged fom rummm to kuluuua, no needs to leave tha building  :-* we stayingins ???
Greg 'FFF' Burt

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 10:55:23 AM
Cyclone Tomas is moving so slowly, just plodding along south at 4kts.  I don't like the chances of flights or fishing this week to any one over there. 
I spoke to my anglers last saturday and pulled the pin on their trip.
Taveuni is currently right in the thick of it! Hope the resorts and villages up there are holding up!  :-\

David, Fish will be taking cover right now with a nasty depression like this - 50kt winds and 6m seas hammering them. After things settle down however they'll start feeding again, and they will be hungry!

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 11:54:20 AM
Sitting in Suva Fiji with Greg right now.

Weather has stopped us from any fishing....TC Thomas being the offender.
Supposed to hit in the morning with wild wild winds..mega seas and everything else!!!!

Hopefully we get two days popping in before we head home......Been a shocker so far!!!!

Pete

G'day Pete, when you first told me in '09 that you were going to Fiji in Feb or March 2010, I seem to recall asking "isn't that slap-bang in the middle of cyclone season?!"  ;)

Sorry to hear those fears have been realized mate. I sincerely hope you guys can still get a few lures in the water (other than lobbing Cuberas in the resort pool) before the trip is over.  :'(

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 12:47:12 PM
Sitting in Suva Fiji with Greg right now.

Weather has stopped us from any fishing....TC Thomas being the offender.
Supposed to hit in the morning with wild wild winds..mega seas and everything else!!!!

Hopefully we get two days popping in before we head home......Been a shocker so far!!!!

Pete

G'day Pete, when you first told me in '09 that you were going to Fiji in Feb or March 2010, I seem to recall asking "isn't that slap-bang in the middle of cyclone season?!"  ;)

Sorry to hear those fears have been realized mate. I sincerely hope you guys can still get a few lures in the water (other than lobbing Cuberas in the resort pool) before the trip is over.  :'(

Always a gamble Angus,

However I have been to Fiji in Febuary before and have had a week of the best weather you could ever want.
To be honest we should have cancelled this trip but we ran the risk.
see what happens over the next two days.

Pete

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 01:37:25 PM
TC Tomas should be gone by tomorrow afternoon.
Thursday should be okay to fish here in Fiji but probably mean travelling to some of the more remote ares as the mainland areas would have very dirty water due to heavy rainfall. Moon phase is good though so the action should not be long in coming once some good water is found.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 03:17:16 PM
It's a pity we have lost 2 days fishing allready but the wind should drop pretty fast tomorrow, just have to do the best with what's times left  :), at least it was 'only' a Cyclone not like Brandons 2007 trip to Vanautu where he copped a Cyclone and an Earthquake in one hit, ahhh!! memories. ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Adrian Watt

March 16, 2010, 03:25:29 PM
Hi guys,
All OK down here on Kadavu Island, Ono should be fine as well, its just a 'tad' breezy...
A 'tad' too breezy to pop (unless you want to sit on your bure front deck, flick a popper straight up in the air and get spooled)
Mind you these nutty resort divers don't seem to mind the weather.....

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 04:16:14 PM
Hi guys,
All OK down here on Kadavu Island, Ono should be fine as well, its just a 'tad' breezy...
A 'tad' too breezy to pop (unless you want to sit on your bure front deck, flick a popper straight up in the air and get spooled)
Mind you these nutty resort divers don't seem to mind the weather.....

I'll drink to that! Glad to hear all fared well Adrian. When are flights due back up and running?
All the best, Dave

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 16, 2010, 04:31:34 PM

I was hoping to have expunged that trip from my memory forever.  :-\

It's a pity we have lost 2 days fishing allready but the wind should drop pretty fast tomorrow, just have to do the best with what's times left  :), at least it was 'only' a Cyclone not like Brandons 2007 trip to Vanautu where he copped a Cyclone and an Earthquake in one hit, ahhh!! memories. ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Adrian Watt

March 17, 2010, 07:06:32 AM
Hi David,
All International flights will resume today. Looking out at the weather this morning (about 5kts SW and clearing skies) I would say all island-hopper flights should resume today as well.

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 17, 2010, 08:18:51 AM
Were fishing today boys..!!

About 5knots and calm seas...!!.....Just getting the shoulders ready.

Hopefully a good day.

Pete

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 17, 2010, 08:19:51 AM
good luck guys - you deserve a bit of luck after the weather you've had.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

mark gaal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 18, 2010, 10:36:16 PM
My sister just sent me some video footage of them waiting out the cyclone near savusavu, water all around the house,  waves going over her gardens and a nearby creek bursting at the seams and the wind is just very loud and very scary. She said the weather was fine today . Hope you guys over there get a break and get some fishing in. Has anyone popped around Vanua Levu??? Had my first go at it just after christmas and did ok considering we had to try to figure things out as we went along. We looked at getting in some surfing as well and visited an area near an island called KIA that looks to have great potential for popping, massive expanse of inner and outer reefs. Got some good GTs and lost some real quality fish due to lack of experience, read bad knots. :)