John Joubert

Bali GT's. any info please
May 14, 2010, 05:59:03 PM
wondering on the fishing in Bali for GT's any serious operators there??

Philips Mardianto

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bali GT's. any info please
May 23, 2010, 10:58:34 AM
wondering on the fishing in Bali for GT's any serious operators there??

Dear John

You may check this website, http://www.adhek.net/
This is one reputable fishing operator in Bali. FYI the owner is one of popping pioneer in Indonesia.

Philips
Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:41:34 PM by Philips Mardianto

John Joubert

May 23, 2010, 11:30:10 AM
Thank your very much Phillips :D

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 23, 2010, 02:21:20 PM

Hi Phil ,

Thanks for the mention but I have sold my boat hence do not do any charter business anymore , however if John can spare time and go to Komodo , I can recommend my friends' boat which is crewed by my old crews ; http://www.xtreme-ulua.com/

As for Bali , there are several charters , if one were to visit ISTANA PANCING tackles shop , there are lots of information there regarding charter boat for popping n jigging .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

John Joubert

May 23, 2010, 02:46:42 PM
Thank you Jon,
pursuing options at present.
JJ

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 23, 2010, 03:57:02 PM
Thank you Jon,
pursuing options at present.
JJ

Hi John ,

If you can send pm to Andy Rowe , a member of this forum , he will tell you which charter to book and which charter to avoid . Andy is one of the expatriate anglers who fish for GT around Indonesia .

Jon .
Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:14:19 PM by Jon Li
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Philips Mardianto

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 23, 2010, 04:42:59 PM

No worries mate

Philips Mardianto

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 23, 2010, 04:47:19 PM

Hi Phil ,

Thanks for the mention but I have sold my boat hence do not do any charter business anymore , however if John can spare time and go to Komodo , I can recommend my friends' boat which is crewed by my old crews ; http://www.xtreme-ulua.com/

Pak Jon,

Sorry, I thought you were still in charter business. My bad... :(

Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:06:13 PM by Philips Mardianto

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 24, 2010, 12:29:54 AM
Hi Phil ,

The boat Searcher II ( Bertram 42C ) now resides in Phuket , Thailand since 3 odd years ago .

Jon .

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 24, 2010, 10:54:31 AM
Hi John,

Regarding GT's out of bali, I have not attempted GT's based from Bali, I believe there are fish about but there is alot of pressure in these waters due to Population / tourism etc. I have been told January is a good time for bigger fish but ocean/weather conditions may not be optimal.

Some of the operators, including the one Philips mentioned will take you over to lombok where the hunting can be better, but the calmer months are best towards the end of the year.

Another point to consider from Bali are the boat hire prices, you are going to need a decent boat and from these ports and that will mean rather inflated prices.

If you are going to Bali for a holiday and would like to wet a line, give it a try, bring a jigging outfit with heavy jigs too, but if you are on a GT mission there are better grounds to the east.

For further east you may want discuss options with 'Kaiser' one of the sponsors here or look at 'extreme Ulua' as Jon Li suggested, I have used both and was very happy with these charters.

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

John Joubert

May 24, 2010, 01:17:14 PM
Thanks Andy for your reply.

Will be looking into all options for future trips world wide.

Regards John

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 13, 2010, 03:00:44 PM
Hi John

Not sure if you are still looking for some up to date Bali info, but if so please drop me a PM.  As I have just joined this forum, the last thing I want is for post number 2 to be seen pushing charter boats :).  That is not my objective. I do live in Bali though for most of the year and fish a lot here and points east.

There are worthwhile GT popping spots about 45 mins to 1 hour out of the south Bali harbours. That makes for a nice easy day trip. Best times are usually November to February, but fish are caught almost any time other than July and August. Not top class GT fishing by any means, but decent enough.

It also feasible to day trip some southwest Lombok spots out of Bali (on a fast boat), but better is go to south and southeast  Lombok, and on to the Lakey Point area of Sumbawa. That works well as a 3 day liveaboard out of Bali.

I hope that is helpful. Off season for both popping and jigging here at the moment. There are though unusually large numbers of Mahimahi in Bali waters this season and they are providing good sport.

John Joubert

July 13, 2010, 07:12:05 PM
Thanks for that Mark.

I am waiting for my Boss to return from a HK and Hawaii trip and will discuss with him at that time. The 'season' sounds ideal for our plans.

JJ