Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Best Water / Boat Shoes.
November 01, 2010, 07:54:11 PM
Pete , you run a real risk of fungal infections especialy on boats I have seen plenty of people with thier toenails about to fall of its very difficult to get rid of and painfull to do so . ingroan warts are another transfered on boats and are usualy established before you know whats going on.
I like the look of brandons footwear on a boat ,wading reefs, beaches or any rocks is another matter you need good foot protection.You just never know what your going to step on.

Peter Agapiou

November 01, 2010, 08:36:33 PM
Thanks  LUKE ....mate i not bad for a old guy and the boat bicth,and who knows what infections you have spread in the boat.....i feel so drity :o

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 05, 2010, 10:01:11 PM
You never mentioned the boat bitch peter better get yourself along to a doctor quick time , mm maybe a clinic for casters desease that can be bad, or maybe the dirty dirty foot clinic who knows where your feet have been

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
December 03, 2010, 06:51:36 PM
Just a quick update on footwear...

Just landed my new Simms Flats Boots... stoked, managed to get them through customs free of charge...
These boots are sick....

Here is a pic ( crappy cell pic ) next to my now retiring/back up pair of 5 and a half year old Simms Flats Sneakers which have been on pretty much every single fishing trip/outing since 2005 with me, and have pretty much lived outside on the deck for months at a time...
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 03, 2010, 07:06:48 PM
The old ones still look loved Neps, retire them with full honors   8)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
December 03, 2010, 07:21:02 PM
They have served me so well Bunzo, and been on many many happy trips mate, they will get a place of honour in my newly built man cave for sure.... The missus surprised me with an early birthday present yesterday... got home and she pulled me downstairs to my cellar/store room which leads off the garden under the house, which I'd recently cleared at her prompting with plans to turn it into a man cave of sorts...

Been working 18 hours a day 7 days a wek the last couple weeks, so no time to get started on teh plans... but I walked in last night and lo and behold, the missus had taken it upon herself to completely clear out, repaint, and install a beer fridge ( full to bursting with ice cold beers ), a flat screen TV, Playstation, a full set of drawer compartments for fishing reels and gear, and rod racks all along the one wall, as well as some wicked bean bags and cushions and an old rocking chair, rugs on the floor, lava lamps........ all of which she got done without me knowing...

There is a wall thats going to be dedicated to lures and retired fishing stuff, so I'm sure the boots will find a place there!

Gotta say I'm pretty damn stoked... not many guys have a woman whjo actually builds them a man cave in their house....
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 04, 2010, 04:12:19 AM
I've got a pair of Keen Newports as deck shoes and they've got great grip and protect the toes really well. Lasted quite a while too. However, they didn't quite dry quickly enough and did end up with a smell. Didn't really like the heel strap either.

However, I've seen these recently and they look much more accomodating:
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 04, 2010, 10:36:12 PM
They have served me so well Bunzo, and been on many many happy trips mate, they will get a place of honour in my newly built man cave for sure.... The missus surprised me with an early birthday present yesterday... got home and she pulled me downstairs to my cellar/store room which leads off the garden under the house, which I'd recently cleared at her prompting with plans to turn it into a man cave of sorts...

Been working 18 hours a day 7 days a wek the last couple weeks, so no time to get started on teh plans... but I walked in last night and lo and behold, the missus had taken it upon herself to completely clear out, repaint, and install a beer fridge ( full to bursting with ice cold beers ), a flat screen TV, Playstation, a full set of drawer compartments for fishing reels and gear, and rod racks all along the one wall, as well as some wicked bean bags and cushions and an old rocking chair, rugs on the floor, lava lamps........ all of which she got done without me knowing...

There is a wall thats going to be dedicated to lures and retired fishing stuff, so I'm sure the boots will find a place there!

Gotta say I'm pretty damn stoked... not many guys have a woman whjo actually builds them a man cave in their house....

WOW!! any sisters ?
What a buzz, playing Assassins Creed 2 on the Play Station in that suroundings  ;D
You're a lucky man Brother  ;)

Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:40:59 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Scott Williams

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 30, 2010, 09:05:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Columbia "Blackfin" ???

http://www.columbia.com.au/products/footwear/productDetails.cfm?parentID=280&catID=291&prdID=775

It's always been crocs for me previously, but as someone else has mentioned they are useless once the tread wears a little.

Andrew Pennisi

December 30, 2010, 10:03:38 PM
I've tried most of the foot ware listed and don't think I've found the ultimate shoe yet, in the tropics in calm weather, bare feet seem to do the job quite well.  My old runners normally get a run until I can't stand the smell anymore.