Ken Best

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Your Goals for 2011
January 03, 2011, 04:57:00 AM

So what goal is driving you or getting you excited in 2011.
Maybe it is new gear, a new popping destination or a personal milestone?
For me its,

Nomad in August
Terrorize my local Amberjack population
Crack 50kg for a GT.
Give all those unused lures a swim
And have some good weather to do it all in.....

Ken

"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to, without beer" (Henry Lawson)

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Your Goals for 2011
January 03, 2011, 07:47:42 AM
Garua class!!  ;D

Any fishing is for fun to me and I'll be happy as long as wheather is ok.....

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
January 03, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
To land a PNG Blue on a stickbait & a GT off 1 of the Islands there.

Anything is possible

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 03, 2011, 11:36:10 AM
Any fishing is for fun to me and I'll be happy as long as wheather is ok.....

Agreed...

Tony Busscher

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 12:18:19 AM
To boat a stb over last years 129.22 klos fish only this year on a stickbait

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 12:30:48 AM
Forgive me, but what's a PNG Blue and what's a STB?

Jarrad Heritage

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 04:16:47 AM
Forgive me, but what's a PNG Blue and what's a STB?

Im Guessing, Papua New Guinea Ble Marlin, and Southern Bluefin Tuna. ;)

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 03:00:08 PM
Jarred that is correct

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 03:25:08 PM
My goal...so much fishing, i'm hoping for a big year this year.  Hopefully get the local spots sorted out and just spend a bunch of time around the islands between Gladstone and Mackay.  A trip to the reef may be on the cards as well.  A Gt over 40kgs is a realistic goal I think and would be a PB.  And a feed of Crays picked up snorkelling, always wanted to do that.

A trip north past Lizard could potentially be on the cards also and if so I wouldn't mind tangling with a billfish of some description...never chased them before but that's what goals are for right  :D  Side goal to that trip would be to get to the Islands north of there with the aboriginal artwork showing the non-european ships, that would be pretty interesting.

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 05:12:37 PM
Side goal to that trip would be to get to the Islands north of there with the aboriginal artwork showing the non-european ships, that would be pretty interesting.

Hi Travis,

Non-european ships!!! thats sounds very interesting. What would the origin of these ships be I wonder? if pre dutch or portugese one wonders if they could be arab or chinese, apparently there was arab influence in Indonesia going back to the 8th century.

I'd love to see the photos if you get there, I spent a couple of years working in Arnhem Land and did alot of exploring along the escarpments there and saw many examples of the various styles of aboriginal painting. Also saw some tallship paintings.

So back to the thread, i want more time on the water, though can't see that happening, and exploring for some more un-popped fisheries, cracking the 40kg mark for GT and cracking the 60kg mark for YFT.

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 05:30:46 PM
Side goal to that trip would be to get to the Islands north of there with the aboriginal artwork showing the non-european ships, that would be pretty interesting.

Hi Travis,

Non-european ships!!! thats sounds very interesting. What would the origin of these ships be I wonder? if pre dutch or portugese one wonders if they could be arab or chinese, apparently there was arab influence in Indonesia going back to the 8th century.

I'd love to see the photos if you get there, I spent a couple of years working in Arnhem Land and did alot of exploring along the escarpments there and saw many examples of the various styles of aboriginal painting. Also saw some tallship paintings.

So back to the thread, i want more time on the water, though can't see that happening, and exploring for some more un-popped fisheries, cracking the 40kg mark for GT and cracking the 60kg mark for YFT.

Cheers
Andy

Andy ,

Let's work on that 60 kg YFT , wanna go to Papua province around Timika ? Ky is keen on going there toward the end of the year .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
Travis, has the flooding affected you? If so, hope all is ok.

A couple of my mates fished Lamont reef area off 1770 on the weekend. The dirty water line was 16nm off the coast and apparently looked like somebody had painted the ocean, it was that distinct. Incidently they did very well on red throats and some trout.

Andrew Pennisi

January 05, 2011, 06:23:09 PM

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 06:52:56 PM

Hi Travis,

Cheers
Andy

Andy ,

Let's work on that 60 kg YFT , wanna go to Papua province around Timika ? Ky is keen on going there toward the end of the year .

Jon .
Hey Jon, happy new year, sorry been off the social radar abit lately, work schedule, family and knee physio keeping me tied up of late.

Definitely want to work on it, will that be black bass around timika? I may have some other options as well. ;)

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Brett Guy

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 05, 2011, 07:26:40 PM
GT Over 30kg, Big cobe(25kg plus) on Pop and Tinaroo barra over 125cm.