Andrew Phillips

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Travel Insurance
May 10, 2011, 09:26:04 PM
Have got a few trips organised overseas in the next year, was just checking to see who most people do their travel insurance through.  Have rung around a couple of places and so far all only insure sporting goods for $500 per piece, which considering nearly all of my combos cost $1000(rod + reel $2000 combined)  per piece it is not a good cover.  Have heard some banks do insurance for up to $1000 per piece but have also heard that bank's travel insurance is dodgy.  Tried the link on this web page but no longer works.  Just after any recomendations.

Andrew Phillips

Fabio Ward

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Travel Insurance
May 11, 2011, 05:33:56 AM
Andrew I had the same dilemma trying to find insurance for a trip earlier this year. Most will cover your items for a higher value if you list each individual item beforehand but prices can start going up a fair bit if you list every outfit.

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Travel Insurance
May 11, 2011, 02:01:16 PM
I had a long chat to travelinsurancedirect, and convinced them that the rod and reel were seperate items, not a 'set'. If they are a set then the max coverage per item applies to them together, but I explained that the reels were for use with a number of rods, so you get that max coverage for the rod and reel seperately.