Paul OLeary

Big Black from a Yak
June 01, 2011, 06:19:31 PM
Not a GT topic but something I thought you may all be interested in.

To see some excellent 'Black from a Yak' footage watch the Fishing Australia Episode (WIN TV) airing on June 11. Unfortunately we dont get to see what I consider to be the best fishing show in the country in the big three capitals, but the rest of the country do.

Rob Pax and I tagged and released a 100kg+ black from a tandem sailing yak (Hobie TI) at the Block and Cheese about 10kms off Jervis Bay in Feb this year. It took us 3 hours to boat the beast. Ive seen the episode. Its worth watching.

Heres a few stills from the day.

Fabio Ward

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Big Black from a Yak
June 01, 2011, 07:03:28 PM
That's unreal look forward to watching it, annoying that commercials take up more time then the fishing does with the show  ;D

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
June 01, 2011, 07:07:52 PM
Whoooa! That is truly awesome. I really like the dynamics in the last picture!

Can the fishing show be seen on-line?
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Paul OLeary

June 01, 2011, 07:17:54 PM
It certainly was great to be a part of and the guys that shot and edited the footage did a fantastic job. You really get the feel of what it was like in the kayak with us. About an hour in, a squall whipped up the seas and pelted us with torrential rain and breaking swells for the best part of another hour.

Fabio, I would put up with the adds on this occassion but you're right, watching commercial tv is all about taking a little pain for the gain.  :)

Peter, you can watch old episodes on the fishingaustralia.tv website but this footage wont be there for a while yet I would imagine. No doubt it will surface elsewhere once it has aired the first time.

Darren Douche

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 01, 2011, 09:28:38 PM
Crazy stuff!!!!

William Espina

• Fusilier
  • Liked: