Nic Clapham

Bowen QLD
August 03, 2011, 09:25:08 AM
Hi all, I am looking forward to a trip off bowen at the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience in the bowen area with GT's ?

Nic Clapham

Re: Bowen QLD
August 03, 2011, 01:28:15 PM
I should probably clarify that we are not specifically chasing GT's At Bowen.  Mainly Reef Fish like Coral Trout, and some deeper water fish like Red Emperor.  I have no experience with Big GT's, and this is the First chance for me to actually have a chance of catching one, Presuming thy are their ? Hence my question has anyone caught them on the reefs off Bowen?

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 03, 2011, 01:48:03 PM
Nic, I have no experience in that area however a quick look on G earth shows excellent structure around the Dingo reef area with some channels and blue holes. I wouldn't mind betting if you dropped a knife jig down where your getting reds you'll also pick up GT.

Current + structure + fusilers = GT ;)

Nic Clapham

August 03, 2011, 02:18:44 PM
That's good to know, I might be able to use some of the gear Ive got, I just assumed I would need poppers and surface gear!.   I am waiting to find out exactly where we are going, but from the sounds of  it we anchor inside the reef but have to travel outside to get the Red's.