David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
KL Malaysia tackle stores
January 22, 2008, 08:08:22 AM
I will be in KL briefly in a few weeks.  Are there any tackle stores or good bargains to pick up over there?

Cheers Dave

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: KL Malaysia tackle stores
January 22, 2008, 09:27:27 AM
there are a number of tackle shops in Kuala Lumpur but the only one I have found that is worth visiting is Sabre Tackle at 93 Jalan Maharajalela. You can get there by taking the monorail and getting off on Maharajalela and then walking back along the street for a few hundred metres. You'll actually see if from the monorail.

It's not huge but it's prices on terminals, line and reels can be excellent. What are you looking for?

Hopefully, some of our Malaysian members can provide information on other stores.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 22, 2008, 01:20:34 PM
David ,

TCE for Daiwa and Kepong for Shimano , these 2 shops are the biggest and carry other lesser brands too as well as miriads of items . Pick up a Rod n Line magazine upon arrival and you have the addresses of most of the fishing tackle shop in Malaysia .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 23, 2008, 07:02:46 AM
Thanks Brandon, Jon.

I'll make sure I check them out when I'm there.  Not after anything specific, but it's interesting to see what is in stock in other destinations, and who knows, there may be a few bargains too good to pass up also!  ;)

David.