Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Please, help Russian mates!
February 05, 2012, 07:27:05 PM
Hi guys!
My friends from Russia went for fishing to Vanuatu, but after they arrived, the weather got bad, and now they have to go back because of the bad weather. They will arrive in Sidney tomorrow (february 6) and will stay there about 3 days. I can not imagine their dissapointment to travel so far from Russia and have no fishing... Could you, please, advice what they can go fishing from Sidney this time of the year (Kingfish?)? Any advice and contact information of fishing operators will be very appreciated!

Hoping for your help...

Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Please, help Russian mates!
February 05, 2012, 08:33:57 PM
There is a big marlin run going on down that way at the moment... my cousin fished in a comp further down the coast recently and there was an astonishing amount of fish hooked.  Plenty of fish being caught off the rocks too, all sorts...

And then there was this:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/a-lone-kayaker-a-marlin-and-one-wild-ride-20120204-1qypb.html   :o
Focus on the pop

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 05, 2012, 09:00:54 PM
Hi Dmitrii,

I suggest they contact Ivan from Ambition Charters http://www.ambitioncharters.com.au/ who can cater for jigging and offshore game fishing.  It'll be easy for them as they are staying in the city and wont have transport to drive up the coast.

As for the Vanuatu trip they did fish with us a few days, had good weather till 3 am this morning when it got full on and cancelled the rest of the trip.  I'm still waiting on the full trip report, but know they landed a nice 30kg amberjack jigging plus ok dogtooth but lost many big ones quickly to the reef...

Been a busy weekend as it's best to get them on the next flight to Sydney and then home but top guys and talk of a return trip already...

Cheers David

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 05, 2012, 09:14:07 PM
Thank you, guys!

As for Vaniatu. yes, they say they managed to fish for 2 days, but it is less time than they spent for the road!
The biggest fish was AJ 21kg. All doggies were less than 10kg. And they also caught good mahi mahi 17,5kg.

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 05, 2012, 09:20:08 PM
David,
Are you sure you gave me right link? I can not open this site.... Do you have Ivan's telephone number?
Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:26:15 PM by Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
February 05, 2012, 10:42:31 PM
G`Day David

Ivan is in Port Stephens right now and at this time of year he will be booked out i think.
If you put Dmitrii onto Wahyu of Global Tackle in Kingsford he has the good contacts for Charter Boats in Sydney.
His phone number is 9349 3916

Cheers Rob
Cheers,
Rob

Thien Dao

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 06, 2012, 01:57:36 AM
Yup, Ivan's up in Port at the moment, can thoroughly recommend him. Give him a call

He mainly does marlin fishing up there at this time of the year but there are some reefs up there that we've fished with him in the past for decent catches of kingfish, although the sizes are pretty small in summer.

Scotty Thorrington might be worth a call as well.

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 06, 2012, 09:14:14 AM
Thank you very much, guys!
I really appreciate your help.

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
February 06, 2012, 03:30:36 PM
Look in your inbox Dmitrii.

PM Sent.

Cheers Rob
Cheers,
Rob

Dmitrii Novgorodtcev

• Fusilier
  • Liked: