• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kalala Bungalows. That's Mama Jo, third from left
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:01 PM by Amr Kehila

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
David, that is a really interesting location.

GT fishing in North Sumba is well known but the south coast is new territory as far as I know. Many thanks for this.
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:04 PM by Amr Kehila

David Lumanauw

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi, Mark

North Sumba holds less GTs nowdays compared to south sumba. Many big GTs are spear gunned in north (tanjung sasar). Jigging spots are still good in north sumba.
If you like, you can explore Pulau Dana. Located south east of sumba, seems like most south island on Indonesian archipelago.
Many fish there (said some people). Sawu fisherman sometimes catching fish there, but dare not stay in that island. There is a cave that is said to have spirits living in the cave.
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:08 PM by Amr Kehila

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I know of Pulau Dana.

I once had trip planned to start in Sumba and go to Pulau Dana, then the Sawu Archipelago and finish in Rote.  Like most ambitious trips to remote Indonesia though the logistics proved to be impossibly expensive.
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:13 PM by Amr Kehila

Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Wow, thanks for this detailed input, David, and thanks for your support, too, Mark.

Too bad, Raja Ampat seems to disappoint. Everything I've read about it (apart from fishing) seems really nice. But that's why it's worth asking. I will definitely reconsider my planning. Might be, I'll go for Oman then. That's much closer to Europe (where I'm from) anyway.  ;)

Cheers, Robert
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:23:18 PM by Amr Kehila