Raymond Orosco

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GT/DT Destinations
May 29, 2014, 12:10:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to the GT fishing community. I'd like to request your advice of some good destinations to target GT's and doggies for a trip this upcoming Jan-Feb. I'm looking at Kadavu, Fiji and Raivavae in French Polynesia. I'd really like to catch a doggie since I've never caught one before. Are there any other places I should consider? Any of your thoughts of feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
Re: GT/DT Destinations
May 30, 2014, 11:59:39 AM
Hi Raymond,

I have fished Kadavu in the past , the doggies are hit or miss in the location due to the far distance from the lodge and the weather condition, Luke will be running trips to Papau New Guinea to target both species and I personally had a great results on his trip recently, if you are interested get in touch with him directly and if you are considering to fish Raivavae I don't think you will be able to get much information as we were the first group that fished the island for GT's and Doggies, if you are interested to fish Raivavae you can get in touch with us directly as we will be running trips on a monthly basis beginning of October 2014 till the end March 2015, good luck.

Tight lines
  Sami

Raymond Orosco

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: GT/DT Destinations
May 30, 2014, 03:55:52 PM
Thanks for the valued information Sami. It is greatly appreciated! I'll shoot you an email about RVV to get some further details.

Thanks,

Ray