Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Blue Water Mag
July 07, 2008, 07:51:54 AM
Just picked up the latest edition of Blue Water mag, the 1st thing that hit me was a GT on the cover with a smiling Malcolm Crane, you can't actually see him smiling but he would have been  ;D. Damon has put in an article under the heading of 'GT University' with heaps of where to's and what for's as well of heaps of pics taken from Bugatti and our latest trip to Marion. Josh and Brandon are in some pics, as well as Brandon contributing along with Damon, Ed the guide, Hal Harvey and Tim Simpson.
 Worth a look for shore.

PS: Damons shot of Brandon casting out of the Contender is the closest pic I have seen of the true colouration we where surrounded with when fishing the 'Blue Holes', I am presently using a pic from the same set as my PC background.
PPS: Notice the 'B' team on the coral/sand in background ::)
Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:54:35 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Blue Water Mag
July 08, 2008, 11:41:48 AM
Cheers for the heads up Greg, will be sure to pick it up.

Dan

July 09, 2008, 07:17:53 PM
'B' team you say- i thought we were better known as Team Deviant...??   ;D ::) :D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 10:41:27 PM
They couldn't mention Team 'D' as it is a clean Magazine :o ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Daniel Latif

July 09, 2008, 10:54:47 PM
Yep I subscribe to Bluewater and thats the 3rd article from Nomad in the last couple of years.  That photo with Brandon looks awesome and the article is very helpful in tips of how to find and where to fish for GT's.

Daniel

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 11:04:35 PM
What were the other two Daniel?

Daniel Latif

July 10, 2008, 01:27:53 AM
Jay.  These were the other two:

Issue 53 - Feb/Mar 06 - Article name 'Into the Dogpound' - Tim Simpson - basically a trip report with some tackle notes.

Issue 59 - Feb/Mar 07 - Article name 'Wahoo Frenzy' - Scott Bannerot and Damon Olsen - another trip report with hot wahoo fishing + tricks and techniques.

Cheers,
Daniel

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 08:19:45 AM
'B' team you say- i thought we were better known as Team Deviant...??   ;D ::) :D

How good would it have been if the article quoted "Note: Team Deviant on the beach having a break"   :D

We're getting all these teams coming out of Nomad trips. For Marion, we had Team Deviant and at Bugatti, we had Team Lesbian   ;D  Unfortunately, I was a memeber of Team Lesbian   :'(
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 09:47:03 AM
I'm to scared to ask about that Bugatti one :o

The 'Team Deviants daily' meeting
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Sam Walker

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 16, 2008, 03:44:59 AM
Hi all, I just got the latest issue the other day and noticed they twisted leader instructions are not right - they say to twist AFTER folding the leader in half...that'll frustrate a few people trying it out ! Good mag though, some fantastic quality photos every issue. Keeps me going until next billfish season  :P

cheers
Sam
something clever and witty !

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 16, 2008, 09:24:58 AM
Yeah I noticed that too Sam.  Didn't sound right unless there is some other way.
Cairns Bommie Basher

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 16, 2008, 11:46:51 AM
Aaron Concord who wrote the article is a member here. Perhaps he can clarify
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 16, 2008, 12:53:27 PM
i just grab one ....  ::)

yeah i did saw Aaron who wrote the article
just one page before the gt article .

i got to read it again .  ;D

thank,s greg for letting us know  ;)

Dan

July 17, 2008, 08:35:28 PM

How good would it have been if the article quoted "Note: Team Deviant on the beach having a break"   :D

We're getting all these teams coming out of Nomad trips. For Marion, we had Team Deviant and at Bugatti, we had Team Lesbian   ;D  Unfortunately, I was a memeber of Team Lesbian   :'(

Would've been funnier if they mentioned 'Theres Team Deviant on the beach having a break- and look, they're all naked....'  :o ;D

Team Lesbian eh Brandon? Did that name come about cos ya kept getting your panties in a bunch every time you lost a GT??   :D

Aaron Concord

July 21, 2008, 05:54:33 PM
Hi All,

There is confusion over the twisty leader instructions?

I grab 4m of mono & fold it in half...this creates the 'loop' to join the line to your double.
It is also the starting end from where your twists originate from.
I use this loop, placed over the hook in a drill chuck as the basis for the twisted leader....have one guy running the RPM's on the drill and another holding the flailing strands apart as the twists are formed.

I hope that clarifies the info written.

Cheers

Aaron.