Gerhard Delport

• Fusilier
  • Spinaholic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Carry on bag
September 26, 2014, 01:28:45 PM
Has anyone considered the Shimano Tropical bags?
Would be good for both carry on and deck bag i guess.

CW

Chris,

I will look into these bags for future trips. They look like they will do the work nicely for both carry on and deck bag

http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/product_detail.asp?productnospaces=shimano_tropical_tackle_system_bag_-_medium_5769

Craig Maree

• Red Bass
  • Release the GT
  • Liked:
October 17, 2014, 03:44:41 AM
I tried the North Face Base Camp Duffel Bag.  The local shop only had a M size which is 72l and although I got away with it on a recent trip it is actually too big for hand luggage and too big for a boat gear bag, as you tend to pack in the kitchen sink.

They claim it is waterproof never got it wet so unable to confirm allow waterproof it is.
Atoll Hunter GT Popping
www.facebook.com/atollhunter

Gerhard Delport

• Fusilier
  • Spinaholic
  • Liked:
October 19, 2014, 04:24:01 AM
I like the options hPa offer for possible carry on/deck bag

http://www.divingdirect.co.uk/hpa-m30#page1:infscr2487

Craig Maree

• Red Bass
  • Release the GT
  • Liked:
October 19, 2014, 05:57:59 AM
I think the HPA Extreme with roll up closing and not a zip is the way to go.

HPA Dry Duffel 50 Extreme Waterproof NO Zippers

$109.95
SKU: 301029
Brand: HPA
Weight: 1 800

Product Description
Famous HPA quality in a larger duffle designed for the expeditions of your life.  Made from indestructible TPU, a special durable fabric that is used to make Zodiac and HPA RIB boats.  This bag will not let you down 100% waterproof closure and it will float unless filled with bricks or lead! Can we worn as a backpack, or the padded straps can be removed As of September 2nd we are now stocking Three (3) Colors, Hi-Vis or some call it Safety Orange, Black and Orange.  The Orange is a heavy PVC material and the Hi-Vis Orange is a lighter weight TPU material.  All Dry Duffle 50L are 100% waterproof and will float.

21" x 12" x 12"

Atoll Hunter GT Popping
www.facebook.com/atollhunter

Elliot Gough

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 13, 2015, 05:25:10 PM
Bit of a thread revival but I use a Studio Ocean Mark reel bag - it can take all my reels, a 15" laptop, Go Pro and associated kit, phone/wallet/passport/Kindle/Ipod, etc. A nice bit of kit that I use as my carry on bag along with an HPA roll. Spools, multipliers with non removable spools, jigs, accessories, etc., go in the Loomis roller bag in check in along with the tube with my rods and clothing in. 
Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:30:03 PM by Elliot Gough

Zeck Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 16, 2015, 12:00:17 PM
I use the same SOM reel bag. Like it a lot. But because it's large (which is good) I took too much and hence it got really heavy!

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 16, 2015, 12:50:30 PM
I ended up getting a 25ltr HPA duffle.