Aaron Concord

Re: Kirabati GT's
August 05, 2008, 08:38:32 PM
Kurt,

After seeing the footage that Voltzy took of you fighting GT's, I now know why you want a rod bucket  ;D ;D ;D

Crusty,

The Kong in the shop looks tops mate! Glad to see it on the glory wall.

Aaron.

Gordon Low

August 05, 2008, 09:45:58 PM
"Cage Popping" it certainly was  ;D With the gallery sitting on the benches on the outrigger sipping an evening beer or G&T and yelling abuse/advice, it was a great way to finish off a day on the flats.

One of Chris's Fullscale Kong poppers accounted for 10 fish over 20kg before we retired it to the glory wall (still in good shape appart from wearing it's fair share of lovebites). Good thing as Voltz gave the next one to a Geet to take to his poolroom shortly after ... haha! :D

We knew we were in for some fun when the head guide's eyes lit up when we unrolled the popper bag... "You want to catch BIG GT?"

I'll pin up a few pics when I've sorted through all my shots from the week.

Lowy

Aaron Concord

August 06, 2008, 08:12:53 PM
Lowy,
Pull yer finger out & stop hogging the pics!!!!!!
I've seen them  ;D ;D ;D though I dare say that others want to see Kurt and Voltzy the vertically challeged Hobit in action!!!!

Was a great trip considering there was ONE popping rod!
Bring on next years trips I say!

Aaron.

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 11, 2008, 06:58:07 PM
Aaron

I love fly fishing, but after that trip I've decided to get a popping outfit. I really enjoyed the arvo "after bone"sessions- simply awesome. There's certainly plenty of rods to choose from.

The non- popper addicts came along just to watch the action and everyone on the boat watched every pop. There were plenty of ooh's and ahh's every time the lure got creamed. which was pretty often

I dont think the guys need to see the action, too many minorities, girlfriends etc may be offended by the commentary and in house jokes- haha.  ;D plus the cameraman was a knob and missed most of the action :-[ sorry i missed the big one kurt.

Next visit to CI will involve some more popping gear. Bring it on!!

Voltz

Aaron Concord

August 13, 2008, 01:07:24 PM
Volzty,

Your camera work is certainly interesting!!!!
Look, I have to say at least you bothered with the camera....many don't.
Any footage of a top trip is better than none at all and yes, after hearing some of the dialogue, for it to be G rated there would be a LOT of voice overs and bleeps!
Perhaps next year I'll get my bum over there. ;D ;D ;D

Glad to see your turning to the mega casting gear. It is a terrific way to get yer rocks off!

I'm a bit like Lowy...if it can't be stopped on a 16 or 17wt then bring out the popping gear...seems he's after a new outfit too!

Cheers

Aaron.