Scott Bremner

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introductions :: Who Are You?
November 25, 2015, 03:39:18 PM
Hello all,
I am a Canadian living in Malaysia for the last 5 years and have gooten into popping and jigging here. Lots of great spots around Malaysia and look farward to learning new tips of some more experienced anglers.

Pip Theobald

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
December 29, 2016, 03:08:22 PM
Hi All,

Im Pip Theobald from Brunswick Heads Australia. Ive just started GT fishing but have done a fair bit of other fishing since childhood. Im keen to be involved in some charters on the Barrier Reef in 2017, maybe July or August.  My mates are either too poor or hopeless to be involved though, so Im hoping to connect with other fishermen thru this site and share charter costs.

Around Brunswick Heads we mostly fish for Snapper, Mackeral in season, Jew and estuary species.

Last week I had a days Gt fishing in Fiji and since then just want to do more.
Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:18:05 PM by Pip Theobald
Twitch twitch Klunk.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 29, 2016, 04:20:39 PM
Welcome aboard, Pip!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Tyson Pagura

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
December 30, 2016, 09:02:23 PM
G'day all,

I'm Tyson, and I'm from good old Melbourne, Victoria.

Only recently caught the top water fishing bug this year when I took a holiday over to New Caledonia with the missus and had a few days out on the water where I caught my first GT and I'm totally addicted ;D

Since then I've definitely given the credit card a good workout buying up gear for a 3 day trip I've got coming up in north QLD with my dad and can't wait :D 

Pretty much all my mates hate fishing so would love to connect with some other guys on here and do some shared charters/trips and soak up everything there is to know about this amazing sport

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 31, 2016, 12:50:08 AM
Welcome aboard Tyson.
Pip who just joined is also looking for people to go GT fishing with

Cody Munro

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 30, 2017, 05:46:51 PM
Hey Guys Im Cody

Relatively new to this heavy style of surface fishing and super eager to learn, I'm based at Tweed Heads just on the border of QLD and NSW (Australia) and although currently in grade 12 at school, I cease every chance I get to head out and fish If anyone is looking for an apprentice or keen to show someone the ropes id be stoked to jump on board! I've done a lot of lighter surface fishing as well as jigging and have read huge amounts of info on this kind of fishing, its now just down to putting the theory to practice.

Thank you
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:54:15 PM by Cody Munro

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 30, 2017, 06:18:49 PM
Hi Cody - welcome aboard! There is a world of information here which I am sure will aid in your learning

Martin Zehetmeier

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
February 15, 2017, 06:48:41 AM
Hello to everyone,

my name is Martin I am 35 years old and from Germany.
Since my last fishing Trip in the Maldives I am really infected with the Gt Popping Virus.
I love casting a big Popper or Stick towards the reef and wait for the moment a big angry Gt attacks my lure.
I wish I had found this forum before my first trip. So I had a lot of try and error.
Late March I am going to my next Popping trip and thank to this forum I feel much better prepared now.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 15, 2017, 08:13:25 AM
welcome aboard, Martin!
you will find an enormous amount of useful information on this forum

Sean Waller

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 15, 2017, 08:23:51 PM
Good day all.
Sean from South Africa here.
I am looking forward to loads of reading and learning to begin with, then hopefully a few trip reports to follow.
Living in the landlocked north of the country, I don't get nearly enough ocean time, but I try make one big live aboard trip a year to an exotic destination.
}<(({'>

Garrick Hiranaka

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 21, 2017, 04:26:47 AM
Hi all,  from Kauai, HI.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum. I am still learning and finding alot of important information.  Thank you again, Garrick

ahmed sharab

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 08, 2017, 10:13:57 PM
Hi All

This is Ahmed Sharab. Living in Dubai for nearly 15 years. A bit new angler.
Fishing became a family hobby! Interested in learning more. My background is business, and commercial law.
I am currently looking for Smith Komodo Dragon (poppers) rod or a Carpenter Coral Viper (stickbaits). I hope to get some guidance here ok the same. Will need that for tuna, GT, marlin, and big fishing games.
I plan to combine this rod with my reel Daiwa 14 Saltiga Expediction.

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
May 13, 2017, 10:37:24 PM
Ahmed, we're lucky to have a number of tackle shops here in Dubai that can help you out. Check out Knotbigenuff in JLT or Barracuda and Bluewaters, both just off SZR

Seth St John

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
June 10, 2017, 09:08:55 AM
Hi guys, new member, never even fished in the pacific, but been fishing in Barbados most of my life, set a personal goal to hook a gt during the 2018/19 season, and will be looking for advice on gear between now and then!

Samuel Shaw

• Phytoplankton
  • work fish work fish
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
September 02, 2017, 05:18:11 PM
Aloha from the island of Kauai. This 35x25 mile island has been my home for 25 years. I grew up between Alaska and Florida and fishing has always been apart of my life. I am a tattoo artist and own my own tattoo studio here on the island. I specialize in all Polynesian tattooing and meanings. I spend most of my free time fishing for Ulua/Gt from Shore.
After losing many big fish to our burley reefs I eventually stepped up my game with a Stella Sw 10000 and CTS GT 11'. I am an official addict. I am always open to fishing with dedicated onshore fisherman so hit me up if your ever on Kauai.
Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:21:06 PM by Samuel Shaw