Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introductions :: Who Are You?
May 12, 2007, 08:35:52 PM
you'd expect so - after all, I think it is supposed to replace the T-Curve. I found the Jigwrex to be really light but strong but I suppose I have a soft spot for the T-Curve seeing I recommended so many of my mates to buy them!  :D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 08:39:32 PM
The T-Curve certainly is great value for money and a great option for those on a budget.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 08:47:27 PM
I pick my T-Curve 400 over my 6' Samurai mainly because of the length, also had a look at some Jigwrex at a Tackle seminar last week and thought them a bit stiff. :-\

Now here's a pic of Cam with T-Curve 400 on a 35kg+ Ambo, 'no' here's two picks. ::) ;D ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 08:55:42 PM
I pick my T-Curve 400 over my 6' Samurai mainly because of the length, also had a look at some Jigwrex at a Tackle seminar last week and thought them a bit stiff. :-\

Now here's a pic of Cam with T-Curve 400 on a 35kg+ Ambo, 'no' here's two picks. ::) ;D ;D

actually, you've raised an interesting point there, Greg, and that is there seems to be a trend with some of the manufacturers to move to firmer faster action jig rods recently. Shimano is one with the Blue Rose and the Jigwrex. Might get a thread going on this in the jiggging section.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 09:05:10 PM
Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:11:15 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 13, 2007, 01:16:12 AM
Blody nice fish there bun is that dude a pro or what lol
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 13, 2007, 09:46:01 AM
Awesome AJ Cam :o

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 13, 2007, 10:54:47 AM
Thanks Luke was a true test of gear and me.I was so stoked am still am
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

warren yuile

May 17, 2007, 05:29:03 PM
G'day my names is warren yuile or wozza I live north of sydney on the central  coast I manly fly fish but do a bit of jigging for kings in winter have poppered lot of big kings when i was young now 37 not to old. Have got a fare few gts on fly but nothing reel big althought have snapped a fly line or 2 trying Wozza

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 21, 2007, 08:37:09 PM
Hi all,
Peter Morris is my name and I am based in Noosa QLD.
Luke I have spoken to you a few times on ausfish and you have given me some great advice on knotted leaders etc.
After years of chasing kings off Sydney rocks I moved North and have had some good action up here on amberjack out wide and popping GT's in the whitsundays...Although my encounters there were shortlived being landbased I lost battles with GT's well over 20kg... :(I did manage some massive Queenies and a monster Diamond Trevally which I was happy with.
I will be heading back this year with heavier artillery.
Great forums by the way. :)
Cheers
Pete

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 21, 2007, 09:53:32 PM
Great Diamond there Peter - pity about the GTs - you'll smoke them one day 8)

scotty thorrington

May 22, 2007, 09:42:38 PM
HI guys, cool site Luke. My mate Warren 'Wazza' Yuile put me on to it. I see a lot of jigging guys on my charter boat, they certainly are a strange breed. They only want to jig, no matter how well the fish are taking livies, they give 110 % effort and they talk rod names and numbers other fishos have never heard of. Then there's the pain thing. Most are willing to spend a month or so of their pay, and to come back and not tell you about the one that they caught, but the one that destroyed beautifully pesented ( read fu#kn exspensive ) tackle. Not to mention the Michael Jackson gloves.I LOVE IT.     

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 22, 2007, 10:07:27 PM
Yep - those jiggers sure are a crazy bunch. They're not at all like those sensible popper fishermen  ;D

HI guys, cool site Luke. My mate Warren 'Wazza' Yuile put me on to it. I see a lot of jigging guys on my charter boat, they certainly are a strange breed. They only want to jig, no matter how well the fish are taking livies, they give 110 % effort and they talk rod names and numbers other fishos have never heard of. Then there's the pain thing. Most are willing to spend a month or so of their pay, and to come back and not tell you about the one that they caught, but the one that destroyed beautifully pesented ( read fu#kn exspensive ) tackle. Not to mention the Michael Jackson gloves.I LOVE IT.     

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 23, 2007, 09:31:43 AM
I don't know about that Bernie, I think it's a 'lureing' thing. ::) ;)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Fred Mignard

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 23, 2007, 04:43:25 PM