Xavier Nagl

newby heading north
June 02, 2010, 12:28:03 PM
hi guys,
just new to the site after reading it for so many months, and can i just say wow what an informative forum board u have available.
thanks heaps for filling my head with so much quality info, it is much appreciated.
well, here goes anyway, with my first question.
i'm moving to darwin next year and want to know if i rocked up there with a stella 18000sw on a t-curve gt special, would i be overgunned
for anything that i might encounter?
my main concern is that i may be heading east whilst there to have a go at the big boys, eventually:)
any advice would be great

cheers guys

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: newby heading north
June 02, 2010, 06:06:58 PM
Xavier, the 18000 and T-Curve GT will together form a pretty formidable outfit. I assume the question you are asking is whether you are going to be outgunned on this. The reality is that it doesn't matter how heavy an outfit you use, if you fish long enough, you will find a fish that will destroy you irrespective of what weight tackle you are using.

This outfit is heavy enough for pretty much anything if the angler is up to it
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
June 02, 2010, 08:50:56 PM
hi guys,
just new to the site after reading it for so many months, and can i just say wow what an informative forum board u have available.
thanks heaps for filling my head with so much quality info, it is much appreciated.
well, here goes anyway, with my first question.
i'm moving to darwin next year and want to know if i rocked up there with a stella 18000sw on a t-curve gt special, would i be overgunned
for anything that i might encounter?
my main concern is that i may be heading east whilst there to have a go at the big boys, eventually:)
any advice would be great

cheers guys

From what I've seen there isn't many decent GTs around Darwin but that's not from experience, some local people can probably shed some more light on the fishing around there..... but I reckon you would be overgunned. My question is when you say heading east to tangle with the big boys what locations do you intend to fish? I think you'd be better off having separate outfits.

Jon Jarvis

June 02, 2010, 09:20:53 PM
Definately overgunned. Not many GT's of any size up that way. Honestly dont think I ever saw one over 20kg and most were around the 10kg or under range.

Xavier Nagl

June 03, 2010, 08:10:01 AM
hi guys,
thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
i think i will go with separate outfits.  i was tossing up on getting a saltiga 4500h and matching saltiga sg80tn or the 10000sw for
darwin, but now i think i'll have to get both poor me :)
let us know what u think

cheers guys and thanks for the input guys