Zeck Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The story goes like this -

I was in Japan, in March 07 and the tackle shop owner over in Tokyo told me that there was going to be a new GT rod model, the Long Reef 90 (codename ICBM Inter Continental Ballistic Missile). Being a sucker for long rods (am I the only one?), I made the order, having been informed that the rod was most likely going to be in the shops September - November 07. I was like, why not? I have never ever waited for any rods. Normally, I would just go out and buy one.

Came September, and my mate in Japan gave the tackle shop owner a tinkle. No, the rod is not ready. Same story in November. Then December.

I just got an email yesterday from my mate - the tackle shop owner gave him a telephone call. My rod is finally in town! I am so stoked about finally having it. Now, to figure out a way how to ship the rod over (to Singapore where I am).

Thought I would share with everyone my excitement. :-)

Jon, FINALLY!! :-)

-zeck

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I assume this is 9 feet long and is a PE6-8 rod?

What do you want the additional length for?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Zeck Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Brandon, I bought it for the additional casting distance. I fish mainly in the Maldives.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Congratulations on your new rod - sounds like a beauty!

Post some pics when it's in your hands ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I heard that casting distance was critical in the Maldives. Sounds like the right stick!
If it swims; I want to catch it!