Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Tackle & Techniques / Re: Rapala Z-Rap Magnum Xplode
« Last post by Joshua Fifis on June 05, 2018, 08:17:58 AM »
I've picked up a black / silver (Convict !) one to have a look at in a bit more detail.

Those VMC hooks weigh just shy of 12g, about the same as an ST66 5/0. The wiring is ever so slightly thicker but not much in it. Not a hook i use these days in this size and certainly not a hook for S Oman.

It will just about take 2 x BKK GT Rex 5/0 (14g)  but probably better with the 4/0 ST76 (13g) as it is quite a compact lure.

I'm looking forward to using it as it will not get shredded by the hooks and waterlogged like my go to Cuberas.

Great information Dennis. It would be great if there was a chart out there for what hooks work for each lure. I'm sure there's a heap of guys out there that know off the top of their head.
« Last post by Chris Dennis on June 05, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »
I've picked up a black / silver (Convict !) one to have a look at in a bit more detail.

Those VMC hooks weigh just shy of 12g, about the same as an ST66 5/0. The wiring is ever so slightly thicker but not much in it. Not a hook i use these days in this size and certainly not a hook for S Oman.

It will just about take 2 x BKK GT Rex 5/0 (14g)  but probably better with the 4/0 ST76 (13g) as it is quite a compact lure.

I'm looking forward to using it as it will not get shredded by the hooks and waterlogged like my go to Cuberas.
« Last post by Russell Domingo on June 02, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
Hi guys. we fished with the Rapala poppers in Southern Oman and cannot recommend them highly enough. landed some amazing fish and the poppers sat beautifully in some choppy seas. Casting was excellent. You cannot compare their casting ability to the Halcos.. They cast like a dream. definitely part of my tackle bag for all future trips. VMC hooks held up ok i guess.. one hook opened  after landing a couple of fish so an idea to change the hooks if you'd like.. White and black poppers took a beating on this trip.. for their price, you are going to battle to find a better popper in my opinion.
Tackle & Techniques / Re: FEED SaltworX GT83H Popping Rod
« Last post by Benjamin Yaw on May 31, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »
Thanks a lot Chris!
Tackle & Techniques / Re: FEED SaltworX GT83H Popping Rod
« Last post by Chris Dennis on May 31, 2018, 01:11:23 AM »
Send Hesh at Knotbigenuff an email, he stocks them and should be able to give you some advice on them.
Tackle & Techniques / FEED SaltworX GT83H Popping Rod
« Last post by Benjamin Yaw on May 29, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Hi does anyone hs any experience using the FEED SaltworX GT83 H Popping Rod? Any comments or feedbacks?
Tackle & Techniques / Tailwalk Kuroshio 63 HGX
« Last post by Benjamin Yaw on May 27, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »
Hi all,

I am new in the popping scene and I am wondering if the Tailwalk Kuroshio 63 HGX Spinning Reel any good for popping?

These are the specs:
Gear Ratio 5.4:1
Reel weight 765g
Drag max 20kg
Line capacity PE6/350m
Bearings 7BB+1RB Anti-Rust BB
Line Retrieve 116cm
General Topwater & Jigging Discussion / Re: Barbless hooks
« Last post by Brandon Khoo on May 22, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »
Gtpopping has always strongly promoted the use of barbkess hooks
General Topwater & Jigging Discussion / Re: Barbless hooks
« Last post by Doug Terry on May 21, 2018, 05:11:02 PM »
I crimp the barbs down of my trebles when GT Popping after an incompetent guide in Cuba tried to lasso a 100lb Lemon Shark round it head while a friend was still attached to it.
Outcome 1 broken rod and a Shark swimming away with a mouthful of Barbed trebles.
You never know when something may happen whilst fishing however careful you are .
the fish may break you off on the reef.
General Topwater & Jigging Discussion / Barbless hooks
« Last post by Doug Terry on May 21, 2018, 05:06:16 PM »
How many of you use Barbless hooks when Popping for GT's
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]