• Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Saltiga blast or ??
September 09, 2007, 08:47:20 PM
Guys,

May be going to Japan anyone got any suggestions as to the best tackle stores to check out over there.

Regards Paul

Without a doubt.....

http://www.proshopmogi.jp/

I think that Fisherman may also have a physical shop you can visit - if it's true i would be living there if i ever went to Japan :D

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 10, 2007, 06:39:15 AM
Paul - it might be useful if we actually knew where in Japan you're going to. Mogi's shop is in Yokohama
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Paul Taylor

September 11, 2007, 07:11:53 PM
Luke,

Thanks.

Brandon,

Tokyo so Yokohama would not be a problem. Are you aware if they stock Carpenter rods?

Regards Paul

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 11, 2007, 08:30:47 PM
Paul - Mogi is a Carpenter stockist but like anywhere else with Carpenter, I sincerely doubt you would find much stock available over the counter. I am sure you will find some stock but as to how much is available, that remains to be seen. If you're lucky, you'll have a shipment arrive just before you visit!

Paul Taylor

September 14, 2007, 06:24:17 PM
Brandon,

I am 6'6" tall and would like to have a rod that is capable of casting a range of lure weights, I do not think I will get much of a chance to target monsters.

I have a Stella 10,000 what rod from the carpenter range would you recommend.

Appreciate your advice.

Regards Paul

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 14, 2007, 07:12:45 PM
Paul .

SP78EX-H or even UHL and WV80XH series , for sure for such a tall guy with STL10000FA already .

Jon .

It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 14, 2007, 07:42:57 PM
Paul - what fish are you thinking of targeting and line weight were you intending to use? If you're looking for big GTs, Jon's recommendations are exactly what you want. He is our resident expert on Carpenter.

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 16, 2007, 06:08:15 PM
Haven't used the JDM models of the TwinPower but i think they are older than our (Austalian available) TwinPower models.

I tend to agree with this.  I picked up a Twinpower 2500 from Japan and it misses out on the Stella style handle and drilled spool found on the Aussie model  (though mine may be an older model).  Still a sweet reel though.

steve
Cairns Bommie Basher