Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Braid - what colour?
March 15, 2007, 07:58:16 AM
I was wondering what coloured braid people like to use. for myself, i've pretty much gone full circle with it. In mono, I always used white but with braid, I've preferred the bright colours like the fluro yellow but have now reverted to the plain white colour.

Why? Well, I like the bright colours because they were highly visible but it annoys the hell out of me when it fades and I find that braid fades after one use. After one trip, your fluro yellow braid is this sickly yellowish colour. The jigging braids start to looklike some threw up on it!!

Varivas GT -  ;D  Price of varivas GT -  :'(
TF Xp -  :)   Price of TF XP -  :D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Braid - what colour?
March 15, 2007, 08:29:46 AM
Fluro yellow.....my tuf line and fireline have kept their colour so far. My fins has gone from green to pale green/white. I cant bring myself to use any pink coloured line yet...

lonhro

March 15, 2007, 09:13:48 AM
lol,
well i use black fireline and its fine for holding colour, and i also have used bully braid green and it lightened up a little bit. on my new real i have diawa coloured jigging i hope i hholds colour other wise i am stuffed.

Randy

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 15, 2007, 09:53:32 AM
I know what you mean.

It is a pain, but if you really get annoyed with the colouring you can always respool in reverse.

It's a bummer about the cost of Varivas but that's GT Popping for you ;D

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 15, 2007, 05:15:47 PM
I like Varivas GT!!    ;D   ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 18, 2007, 09:08:35 AM
I use Power Pro 80 lb in green and Izorline 80 lb in white. Have found the Power Pro to lose a bit of colour over the past year but I cannot fault it performance wise. Great knot strength and abrasion resistance for what it costs. Never used Varivas so cannot comment there. The Izorline is very good line as well and still have it on a Saltiga 6000GT for 2 and half years now with no problems and that rig has been fishing just about ever weekend with a lot of fish taken on it to 60 pounds.
Sachin