Ivan Verhage

who wants to come to shoalwater
February 11, 2009, 05:25:04 PM
hi guys
just checking if there is anyone who wants to come up to shoalwater for a week over easter
1 spot avalable :o
going up in a stessle 5.25 blue water
were heading up from brisbane so hopefully can shear the driving load
if you have a 4wd you would be willing to tow with would be great but if not ,our ute should do fine

cheers
ivan

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: who wants to come to shoalwater
February 11, 2009, 08:55:42 PM
hi ivan .

hmm  sound good would love to tag along and i have been to that area before with nomad  ::).

you will need more fuel jerry,s to do the trip

feel free to pm me with detail,s  :)

maybe we can meet warwick who is a member of this forum who have done a few trip up there to tag along with us in their boat as well ;) .

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 07:40:29 AM
Hey guys, I would love to tag along however I am rostered to work night shift till easter sunday :( I would take the time off but getting paid double time and a half for 3 nights is handy in these "harsh economical times" ;)

Have fun!

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 11:40:37 AM
maybe we can meet warwick who is a member of this forum who have done a few trip up there to tag along with us in their boat as well ;) .

ooh thats rich Mick - yeah Warwick, maybe you can tag along in your boat as well!?! :o :D ;)

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 13, 2009, 07:52:29 PM

Hmmmm, Shoalwater at Easter time ah......

Sounds like a lot of fun - what is your plan as in dates etc, I and a few mates with a 5.5 tinnie may be interested in tagging along from Brisbane as well if we can ?

We were planning on doing such a trip soon anyway.

Cheers

Peter

8)

Ivan Verhage

February 13, 2009, 08:09:38 PM
hey peter
we will probley be heading up on thursday the 9th and be up that day or head up wednesday arvo and sleep at chillders then be up there around 3 we will be staying 1 week

it would be good if you could come up with your boat as well
the more the merrier ;D ;D
we will be camping at stanage and mayby marble island

cheers
ivan

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2009, 10:51:36 AM

Ok, Sounds like a good plan. My mate knows the area and I know a few spots worth checking out as well.

As I previously mentioned we are keen to get up and explore that area better, some seriously good fishing to be had their.

I will chat to him over the next week and check out if we can make this happen, I will be in touch.....

Cheers mate

8)

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2009, 11:54:51 AM
hi crazy peter .

yeah we should do this trip  ;). yea you better get your friend to come the more the better. and we should go again??

it would be good to fish with you again as last time we fished up there  ;D.
yea we both know few spot  ;).

i can,t wait  ::)

text me pete when you find out more about it . okay

Simon Thomas

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 23, 2009, 09:28:46 PM
Hey Guys,

This is a bit off topic, but do you know where you find out the dates when the army has the area closed for this year?

Cheers,
Simon

Graham Scott

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 24, 2009, 03:48:14 PM
Simon,
Ring Range Control on 49355000 for closures. Somtimes things change on short notice, but normally have a good idea.
At present I think there will be big closures for nearly all July for the US exercise and some in November for the Singaporeans. The US closes the whole area normally, assuming they still have enough money to come over.

Be careful, because a lot of the closures only affect certain areas so you can often work around a closure.