Laurent Thiriet

New caledonia 13.07.2009
July 16, 2009, 06:28:33 PM
hi! here is the english translation of my report, sorry if it is hard to read :)

weekend of 4 days a little moist and 4 to 5m waves announced outside. it will be hard to go jigging, let's go popping!
starting in the early morning. in these weather conditions we know a spot that has already given.
on the way we test two three spots, nothing, they are not there.
arrival in theater, it is a barra that is made primarily on a small orion big foot, it works well these lures there.
keeping the threads of barra for a next fishing party. caracas drift in the surface. until I see three huge GT fighting for!
first launch, paf! zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz!

this will be the beginning of some fishing madness. in less than two hours 9 GT + 3 lines broken on the same spot.
I stupidly breaks because brake tightened fully when the GT was first in line for the boat and wanted to change sides every 10 seconds.
the resistance of the shimano GT special is well appreciated on shots like that. the tip of the rod takes angles not recommended. especially that everyone fishing and boat still drifting.
without the engine it is more complicated because it must be off the bottom and time to make two or three times around the boat.
GT on which it broke was really nice and made a face attack. it's too good when you see it running on the lure, leaving the back edge of the water and lifts his head as a wave underwater and opens its enormous mouth to take the surface cruiser.

good, some highlights:

* line break for Olivier's on the hot's
transition to a fairly light rod smith and first GT:)
there are water under the keel and it goes!

* At a time my popper is tracked several GT, the fastest took my lure, david launch behind and that is a big one that takes its lure
I have the time to lift the small, new launch and it goes to the first pop, it is a mean one, david is always the same, madness!

* Second doubled : Olivier and David embarked on two locomotives. This is the biggest one of the day is on the little smith KGS 70. It will take some time to take it to the boat :)

* small shift in the lagoon and it is a overboosted GT for david!

* and to finish a little "loche bleue" for olivier

we can't fish anymore, first time ever we go home before the hour.

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New caledonia 13.07.2009
July 17, 2009, 10:26:09 AM
Mate very well done to you,would love to come fish there again asap... ;)

jonorossi

July 22, 2009, 03:33:08 PM
Great Report Man! ;)

Laurent Thiriet

July 22, 2009, 06:22:22 PM
it was a crazy fishing party  ;D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder