Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 29 August 2010
August 30, 2010, 09:44:52 AM
Tim - Conditions were challenging today with the 25kn winds and overcast weather and the guys fished hard all day. Gabriel hooked up briefly to a 40-45kg Gt and unfortunately did not stay connected. We found a fair bit of bait but the Gts were half hearted and just boiling on the lures or knocking them around and not actually smashing the lures, though having said that we did have a few suicidal fish we hooked into and got them to the boat so everyone had a fish or two for the day.

Chris:- well the wind hadn't back off at all, if anything the conditions were a tad worse than yesterday. The plan was to mix up the day a bit and do a little bit of everything. Started off the day working blue holes to try our chances at a nice GT within the 3rd or 4th cast a nice GT came up bumped the lure and left. Worked a fair few blue holes but it just wasn't the go today. Saw another nice GT that completely missed the popper. Found a nice spot where we had goldspot mania for most of the morning which kept us all entertained. For the afternoon session it was bludger mania in the shallows which put up for some great fun. The boys decided that some bait fishing should be in the mix. Found a nice spot where there were deep edges and drop offs. Well this just toped the day off. catching, chinaman fish, nice sized coral trout, plenty of red emperor, red throat emperor, sweet lip, barramundi cod, tusk fish, barracuda and a 12kg Spanish mackerel on the light gear on bait.. can't believe he didn't bite us off. great day......

Alex:- today didn't start off very well, the wind was howling and when I drove away from the mother ship my hat blew off into the water. Luckily the day got better. We saw a few gts early on but they did not want to play the game, just swirling and then taking off. We then went to play around in some blue holes and caught a few of the usual reefies sharkies and mr tomas. We had a bit of a run to some new country and my hat blew off another 2 times.
The afternoon we decided to catch some tasty critters for the table so a bit of bait was deployed and we caught some red throat and trout as well as getting busted off a number of times as we were sinking baits in blue holes, no room for error there just pull like crazy. The end of the day we chased some very finicky tuna schools and only managed a few mac tuna. Lets hope the weather dies a bit overnight so we can wreak some havoc tomorrow.

Dan Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bugatti Reef 29 August 2010
August 30, 2010, 01:49:57 PM
g day nomad crew,
good to hear from you again,always look forward to your reports.Alex-sounds like you need a bennie!or some duct tape to strap the lid on ;D.

Jan Clark

Re: Bugatti Reef 29 August 2010
August 31, 2010, 06:56:23 AM
 :D It's a fishing wife here, glad everyone is out and about, and no one has too sore musles - but I bet the guys do. Thanks for the great post.