Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gt fishing is toying with my mind
November 29, 2010, 09:08:35 AM
Hi, my name is Scott and it has been 2 months since I last cast a popper.

I find the week before to be almost painful, and getting any work done is very difficult because I am just too fidgety and excited. Luckily my next trip, 43 days away, is in the middle of holidays for me so I won't need to worry about lost productivity!

I am a mixture, I find making sure I have everything is a bit tedious (and expensive, because I always go over the top), then I enjoy going through and picking out what lures and gear to take with a few beers (albeit it is difficult to limit it though I am getting better and almost came in under weight on my last trip), then I get super excited for the week leading up (when my gear is already usually packed), the night before I leave I usually barely sleep, then when I leave I don't get excited again until I actually am about to start fishing, so yeah with Fiji or Nomad or whatever there might be 2 days before fishing and that is ok but not all that exciting

Its weird, but I just go with it  :D

I try to do one trip at the start of the year and one trip in the middle of the year to reduce the build up, unfortunately because I don't get to fish locally as much as I would like I am usually pretty backed up and raring to go by the time a week away comes around......come on Fiji in January!