Mike_Tan

Re: fisherman monster cc72gt
March 07, 2011, 10:20:07 PM
Ahh... No wonder. I think you are a lucky man to have a wife who puts in the extra mile to get you a custom Fisherman Monster CC72GT!! Hope you land a big GT on it and the two of you can pose for a photo together with your prized catch soon! :)

Regards to Carpenter doing full custom jobs, I'm not sure if they still do it now but I had three full custom jobs 7-8 yrs ago. Had an orange/white Long Reef 86, a yellow Super Popping 78UHL and a red Wild Violence 80XH. The thread work and epoxy coating on those were PERFECT.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 07, 2011, 10:40:05 PM
I was told carpenter do full custom-built sticks too is that true

Jon Li is the man to confirm that, but I believe they still do if you are patient enough and your pocket runs to it. Same goes for MC Works, Ripple Fisher and I am sure other leading Japanese rod makers.

Personally I love the understated look of a standard Carpenter and would never want anything more than that.

Sydney Neal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 07, 2011, 10:48:48 PM
More bling the better if the fishing is slow I can always look at the shiny stuff
Me birthday coming up so need a new rod looking at something in the nine foot length for landbased work small poppers/metals/stickbaits for small GTs 5-10kgs mackeral and long tail tuna

Mike_Tan

March 07, 2011, 10:49:16 PM
By the way I feel the 72GT works better with diving/swimming/bubbling type lures like the FM BigMouth 150HP Tail & 170 because I couldn't get those loud bloopers to "pop" as loud as they usually do with my 72GT. Swimmers like the BigMouth tend to flip out of the water when you work it too hard with stiff rods. With fast sweeps of your 72GT lures like the BigMouth will dive, leave a long bubble trail and create a low frequency gurgling sound. The FM Long Pen 150 gave me the best casting distance and is easy to work with the 72GT. To get the best distance out of your rod, lower your plug till it's almost on top of your reel. Somehow with the long rear grip it's almost impossible to load the 72GT properly with short droppers and quick flick style of casting.

Mike_Tan

March 07, 2011, 10:54:54 PM
More bling the better if the fishing is slow I can always look at the shiny stuff
Me birthday coming up so need a new rod looking at something in the nine foot length for landbased work small poppers/metals/stickbaits for small GTs 5-10kgs mackeral and long tail tuna

Check out the 2011 UFM Mid Shore for land based fishing. The older versions had an ivory white blank and red trims/grip. Current model has a stealthy black look.