Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Because we will have to organize a mothership operation for the amount of people that want to try there luck there.

Actually probably not a bad idea. nIf you use that I want a cut.

You'll need the Queen Mary for a mothership Brock, for the amount of people that'll put there hand up to go ;)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Luke just wondering if it is ok me asking,

in the second lot of photo's and the first one of the big Coral Trout, what lure is that and just wondering to is it a popper or a stickbait?

thanks.

Hi Sam,

It's called a Big Nose...

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Luke,

Congrats on a great trip. Look like you all had a good time and the fishing was good.

Can you give us some details of the trip. Some of the weights of the biggest GT's? and how many caught? over how many days? etc.

Cheers Sam

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Because we will have to organize a mothership operation for the amount of people that want to try there luck there.

Actually probably not a bad idea. nIf you use that I want a cut.

Don't worry - don't need a mothership, plenty of capable vessels  ;D You don't need to worry about a cut or coming  :P :P :P

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Hi Luke,

Congrats on a great trip. Look like you all had a good time and the fishing was good.

Can you give us some details of the trip. Some of the weights of the biggest GT's? and how many caught? over how many days? etc.

Cheers Sam

Thanks Sam.

We always have a great time in New Caledonia. I'm privaleged to fish with the LPB boys regularly and Eric's company was awesome. We had many a laughs and good times.

We had very poor weather for a majority of the trip. Was blowing 35 knots from the SE when we arrived. This accounted for very low GT activity, however, we were able to come arcoss some decent fish - biggest maybe 35kg+

Fish responded to stickbaits despite good hunting conditions (swell, chop, wind, light levels) for poppers.

We had several tackle failures due to 1. loose line from windy stickbait actions, and 2. general wear on the braided line (a good reminder to change your knots/first metre or so of braided line connected to the shockleader after extended fishing. This was a good fish - at least 40kg, swallowing a Big Nambas. Bum  :(

We had 1 sailfish follow a stickbait to the boat but alas not hookup.

We <3 NC. Coming up to my 8th year fishing NC  ;D

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Good lord! What happened to that GT in the picture above the booby!?
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
Nice work man,some great pictures eh.... ;)

denis

Many more images and videos coming soon!

Hi Luke,

where is videos ????????

Steven Kakonyi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
hey Luke,
What colours, models of orions where the most productive on NC?