mitchell huner

Starting up and need some advice!
July 21, 2011, 08:04:38 PM
Hey,
I heading up north to sail a boat back down, and was going to do some gt fishing, also i am heading to samoa at the end of the year. I had a read and i saw the mentioned of the T-curve gt special, and was just wondering would the T-curve revolution 10-15kg would be enough to handle gt's. Also i saw that there was no mention of any reels, so i was just wonder in the shimano saragosa 1800 or a diawa sasltist 6500 would also be up to the challenge.
Thanks Mitch.

Kevin Hulse

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Starting up and need some advice!
July 21, 2011, 09:00:46 PM
Hi Mitch,

I've been through the same exercise as what you are doing now. I Went the GT Special matched to the Saragosa 18000. I would give the 10-15kg T-Curve a miss. I have heard of people using the next model (15 - 24kg I think) but they are not designed as a popping rod and will fall short of the GT Special. On the reel........ while th Saltist looks pretty sweet, all reports I heard of them was that they weren't as strong as the Saragosa and the shimano after sales service is far ahead of daiwa

Cheers

Kev

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 21, 2011, 11:44:36 PM
Well it depends what size GT's you are fishing for primarily, but in most cases to put it quite bluntly... no, the 10-15kg T Curve would not really handle GT's. Far better off with the GT special if you want a cheaper option.

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 08:13:57 AM
Hi Mitchell,

Mate whats your budget? By knowing this we can give more relevant advice.
No point recommending a Saltiga if the budget is Saltist.

Also, search the forum for purchasing a GT rod. You will also get some good answers there.

Cheers,

Chris

mitchell huner

July 22, 2011, 08:15:51 AM
Thanks for the reply's  been a big help. Also trying to get the biggest gt's i can find, i hope.
Cheers Mitch