Narc

Kaiser EL Toro GT Rods Promotion
February 14, 2012, 01:30:28 PM
Dear fellow anglers and friends,

We at Kaiser Gear have painstakingly gone through the process of RnD, testing and production of our range of EL Toro GT rods.
Coming in as mid range rods, it is priced and designed for practicality and affordability.
However I understand how difficult it is for anglers to switch from their usual favourite high end Japanese brand rods to a brand so new.
I figure the only way my rods can get recognised is through feedback from anglers who have used them, and the only way to achieve that is by perhaps doing a special 1-off promotion to try reaching out to you.
It can be your reserve rod now and hopefully earn its way up the ranks to become your main rod, so in collaboration with Gara Pro Shop and as a form of benefit for Australia based GT Popping Forum members, here is the deal -

5 pieces each of EL Toro 150GT and 5 pieces each of EL Toro 180GT rods will be up for grabs at a special price of AUD$450 (ex-shipping).
Promotion sales have to be completed before 1st March 2012.The rods will come complete with a 1 year warranty (T&C applies) and all sales shall be handled by Gara Pro Shop.
Please contact Luke @ Gara Pro Shop for the purchases and I really do hope it will give Kaiser Gear the much needed exposure.

Thank you.

Richard Tong
Kaiser Gear 

Rod Specs:
EL Toro 150GT - PE 8-10 LURE 100-180g LENGTH 7'10"
EL Toro 180GT - PE 10-12 LURE 150-250g LENGTH 7'8"

Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:34:05 PM by Ah Gu

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kaiser EL Toro GT Rods Promotion
February 14, 2012, 01:40:39 PM
That's a hell of a deal and those should be snapped up!  Even at the regular prices these are very good rods for the money.

Best of luck.

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 02:22:07 PM
I have used the 150GT several times and it's a spectacular all round rod. It's classed well above it's pricing in my opinion.

Ryan Theyer

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 02:33:09 PM
I have tried ring gara pro shop but can't get through??

Is there another number I can try? Please help

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 03:14:32 PM
don't panic, Ryan!
Just PM Luke Wyrsta
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 04:13:21 PM
I have a Kaiser EL Toro 150 GT (v2). It is a very nice rod and it cast's like a bullet.

Was frustrating.. oops i mean fishing the Coral Sea last September. The fish shut down when 2 low pressure systems joined forces off the coast of Yeppoon, yes i posted the report, and after finding nothing else to do we decided on a casting competition.

A few fisho's and I actually rigged up exactly the same, i had the El Toro 150 and they had much more expensive rods, rods that are frequently discussed on this forum, the El Toro cast the same lure much further - and i wont be naming the other rods but im talking $1,000.00++.

Anyone interested should get one ASAP and they will not last.

Cheers,

Chris

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 06:26:58 PM
I have a Kaiser EL Toro 150 GT (v2). It is a very nice rod and it cast's like a bullet.

Was frustrating.. oops i mean fishing the Coral Sea last September. The fish shut down when 2 low pressure systems joined forces off the coast of Yeppoon, yes i posted the report, and after finding nothing else to do we decided on a casting competition.

A few fisho's and I actually rigged up exactly the same, i had the El Toro 150 and they had much more expensive rods, rods that are frequently discussed on this forum, the El Toro cast the same lure much further - and i wont be naming the other rods but im talking $1,000.00++.

Cheers,

Chris

Casting distance should not be the only factor to consider when comparing rods though, Chris! I'm sure you're aware of this anyway. It could just mean that you're a better caster than your mates  8)

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 06:59:23 PM
Indeed Jay.

I have an El Toro 150 though (the old version 1 with red livery) and it is a good caster of medium (say 1.  I would not say it outcasts others in a similar category,  but does every bit as well.
Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:02:03 PM by Mark Harris

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 09:52:11 PM

Cheers,

Chris

Casting distance should not be the only factor to consider when comparing rods though, Chris! I'm sure you're aware of this anyway. It could just mean that you're a better caster than your mates  8)

Of course. There were no fish around to test them all out on unfortunately.

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 10:06:19 PM
Hi

How do you rate the rods in respect to cup size?
Will the 180GT handle a GT3 190 - or even an I-cup?

Cheers
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 14, 2012, 10:42:13 PM
Peter, I have seen the 180 handle Cubera 180 and GT3 170 comfortably. I reckon it would probably manage GT3 190.   Not so sure about I-cup. Richard will probably have the best answers on that.

Narc

February 15, 2012, 01:12:31 AM
Thanks guys for the great testament.

Peter, the EL Toro 180GT is able to handle the Hammerhead I-cup poppers efficiently.

Lenny Lim

• Fusilier
  • Let's do it !
  • Liked:
February 15, 2012, 02:55:00 AM
Dear Richard / Luke,

Can you PM me the price for 180 & 150 ? Delivered to Penang Malaysia.

Thanks,

Lenny
Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:58:00 AM by Lenny Lim

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 15, 2012, 07:58:54 AM
OK, thanks!
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain