Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Awesome report Nick!!!
your knowledge to the area puts you on the lead of your own!!
well done to you and to the crew for an exceptional life time trip  :)
Ocean Active strikes again!!!
i will see you soon  ;)

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
Absolutley cracking trip Nick,most of those GTs are dead set beast,every report from from this place is outstanding...Good work keep it coming mate

Clay Hilbert

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Gee!!! With all these impressive reports this place is rising up my bucket list like a steam train! Awesome stuff guys! That munted GT looks like he's had it pretty rough!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Ricky, The 3rd last pictures Riaan with a new Racepoint 200 he bought for the trip and an Icup Hammerhead. Worked really well and he caught a few fish on this rig. Definately good place to do a trip if you want to target trophy GTs, give us a shout if you keen can give you some info on best times, species, logistics etc.

Hi Sami!, Many thanks, all our hard work over the years is starting to pay off! Look forward to your trip! Got a few new places and things to try!! Hit it!!

Hi Nathan, Many thanks! Definateluy try get a few more good reports up over the coming weeks!

Hi Clay, I think that GT has had a rough ride and was no piece of cake on the lighter tackle, but really good fun and the picture going up on my wall!! Give us a shout if you keen to come play in Oman, cool place to visit not only for the fish, very different environment to most GT spots!

Cheers,
Nick

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
All I can think of to write is .....My God..... :o

Massive fish and the images just kept on coming and coming and coming.....

Top stuff Nick and crew.

Pete

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Amazing report Nick, a lifetime of giant GT!  I've had the pleasure of keeping in contact with Jaco since our Nomad trip so I know he's earned this trip and his 50kg gee!  Congrats again!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Peter, Many thanks, it was actually a bit bad as I could not remember all the fish which is a first for me when I was posting! I can normally remember every fish we have caught from all charters, but I'm either getting old or the fishing was on fire!

Hi Travis, Jaco is a great guy and fisherman! He has been chasing the 50kg for a long time. He has put in many trips and it was awesome to see him catch that fish, especially as he was made to work very very hard. I think me for one might not have lasted the distance!! Will power is an amazing thing! We have been talking about a Nomads trip so maybe be down your end of the World with Jaco, AJ and a few of the guys! After Jaco described it sounds awesome, also got one of our old guides Glanville working there! Bucket list!

Cheers,
Nick

Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Incredible report Nick, you have top level fishing there in terms of size, numbers and ocean conditions!

I also like to see big fish being landed quickly on gear that most people deem too light, like the EP rods.  To land fish like that in a few minutes is just amazing, what do you put it down to?  All technique? 
Focus on the pop

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Andrew, Many thanks, we have had some awesome fish the last few weeks and still hotting up. Had a group finish yesterday and caught some great fishing.

I think landing the big fish on light tackle is equal parts luck and technique. Most of these big fish where in 8-12m of water and hit close to the boat so we could get them under control quickly. We have also got our boat maneuvering down to an art which helps! But I normally would not recommend lighter than PE8 for our Oman GTs as I have seen way to many fish smoke takle but I was testing the rods and thought it was worth a try, awesome results but I think mainly lucky!!

Cheers,
Nick

James Wang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May I know many lb leader were u using on the PE6 setup?

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi James, I was using Fisherman 220lbs leader for the PE6 rig. Worked very well as it is supple enough to work smaller lure but also strong enough to stop big fish and give you enough bite leader not to loose the fish.

Cheers,
Nick