Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Haha...

I am sure you are going to burn those cakes off quickly soon enough.

I am drinking coffee and eating lots of cakes this afternoon... you make me feel guilty Andy!
Set the ray to GeeT

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Haha guys - already started my gym regime for October ... will be out at the same time as you guys but with Nick - Roj and Andrew W are out with Ed with you guys ...

7 weeks and counting??

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Yes Alex, 7 weeks it is.  :)

Doug Mac

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Great report!!
You guys make a Victorian winter so much more bareable :'(
Sounds like an awesome place to go.
I think I will be adding the Hallaniyat Islands to the bucket list ;D
For now though I think I will head back to the fire and dream of warm places and large fish!!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi luke! Forgot the number of fish you guys caught really awesome, gets the GT adrenalin flowing!! Making me itch to get back down there asap! Hopefully if the monsoon dies down early we will start middle on next month, some of the team are already on the island getting things sorted out, will take a week or two of exploratory trips to get all the bugs out and find were the fish are and movements.

Hi Andy, Mark, Alex, Hope you guys are ready, going to be epic trips! A whole heap of deep burn waiting!

Cheers,
Nick

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Nick, I am ready to receive my dose of Omani punishment / reward.
Set the ray to GeeT

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
some color..... 2.5 days fishing, 28 GT's... the smallest around 25, the biggest around 60kg... its was crazy. i have never seen anything like it... i only wished the weather had played along and we could've had another 1.5 days... would have had 50GT's at least! and I'm sure the 250 gamma would have seen a 65+....

highlights for me would have to be seeing Luke get drilled on Day 1.... MR GT POPPING.... the fish getting its own back on him! Barry getting smoked, and getting his PB a couple times, Saoud getting absolutely drilled! and all the great times with the boys!

its unlikely that it can disappoint down there, and with some good planning it can be affordable, and with some insurance you're covered for the worst. I recommend this to anyone who's keen to see big fish, or simply increase their own chances of getting a monster! i am taking my old man (65 next year) and my bro in April 2013... if it was anything like this trip... the boys will be old hands when they return to Dubai.

Thanks again Luke! great to meet you, Fish with you, and learn with you!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
some color..... 2.5 days fishing, 28 GT's... the smallest around 25, the biggest around 60kg... its was crazy. i have never seen anything like it... i only wished the weather had played along and we could've had another 1.5 days... would have had 50GT's at least! and I'm sure the 250 gamma would have seen a 65+....

highlights for me would have to be seeing Luke get drilled on Day 1.... MR GT POPPING.... the fish getting its own back on him! Barry getting smoked, and getting his PB a couple times, Saoud getting absolutely drilled! and all the great times with the boys!

its unlikely that it can disappoint down there, and with some good planning it can be affordable, and with some insurance you're covered for the worst. I recommend this to anyone who's keen to see big fish, or simply increase their own chances of getting a monster! i am taking my old man (65 next year) and my bro in April 2013... if it was anything like this trip... the boys will be old hands when they return to Dubai.

Thanks again Luke! great to meet you, Fish with you, and learn with you!

Oh man that first morning hurt!

Steamy hot and relatively quiet - then BOOM!

Fighting a ~40kg GT hooked directly in the middle flank for near on an hour is not enjoyable by any standards!!! Lucky for a self-draining deck as I was sweating like there was no tomorrow. Still triumphed without handing a rod over  8)

Matt - I must confess, snipering that large GT from you gave me the utmost satisfaction - sorry! He was a big boy! How he followed your stickbait all the way to the boat without smoking it was unbelievable!

Barry - The Roosta man! Damn you gave those lures a workout on some beasts and again showed that expensive lures aren't a necessity!

Saoud - what can I say....Fine Omani/Indian Radio, Shisha, Gig-Gig-Gig and other stories pertaining to conquests. A truly colourful character!

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
Awesome Stuff! Those are some big boys Luke! I get tired just hearing Gamma 250....
GT FIGHT CLUB

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Set the ray to GeeT

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
I get tired just hearing Gamma 250....

;D ;D, same

The problem isn't the lure itself - it's the creatures that destroy them!

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
I am gunna need some bigger stickbaits *gulp*

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
I am gunna need some bigger stickbaits *gulp*

BIG is best  8) ;D ;D ;D

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Alex got a couple Gamma 250s ready to go into action! Bring the Voltaren it is going to hurt!!

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
great trip guys!  I got to invest in some bigger lures!