Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dubai light jigging
February 24, 2015, 01:34:25 AM
Dubai is a destination more known for its shiny buildings, great shopping and night life. But Dubai is also an excellent fishing destination. We have our shop in Dubai and do a quite a bit of fishing around Dubai when time allows and we are not off on trips.

Over the last couple of months we have started to do some light jigging in and around the Palm Islands and a bit further offshore with some great results with trevally, grouper, queenfish and also the ever present barracuda! I think where ever you go and put in an expensive lure the cuda will be there!!

We have been trying out a lot of light gear like Maxel, Accurate, Shout and the results have been really good with a range of fish and some decent fish coming to the boat. We have received a few hidings but all part of the fun.

A great thing fishing in Dubai is it is easy and you have some amazing views! Burj Al Arab 7 star hotel, not a bad backdrop!

Heading out early morning

Trev hooked up

Nice little golden

Bending on a light Maxel rig

Big queen on a small jig

Big Malabar Trevally on my fast becoming favourite jig Shout Lighten Pink

Good sized Spangled Emperor, awesome fun on the light tackle!

Couple of brown spotted grouper (hamour) caught on jig.

In the coming months we will have our new boats in Dubai and really focus on some new areas and light jigging. We can't chase the GTs all the time but this does definitely fill the time and great fun!

Cheers,
Nick

Lucas Nixon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Dubai light jigging
February 24, 2015, 05:27:03 PM
That's awesome Nick and a cool back drop.

I was in Dubai for work a couple of years ago for a short time and did wonder what the fishing would have been like. Unfortunately it was a short visit filled with work commitments and the usual visit to burj kalifa etc in spare time.

If I'm ever back I will look you up mate as I'm not much on shopping (unless it's fishing gear).

Cheers.

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
February 24, 2015, 09:38:57 PM
Dubai is a fun place to fish when its on its on in a big way I've had days with not stop Queenfish and Spanish mackerel action, its not a pe 10 destination by a long shot but if you're happy to break out the light stuff gear or better yet a fly rod its a blast.

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 24, 2015, 11:41:59 PM
Yep, fly works

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
February 25, 2015, 01:23:21 AM
Trev your stance with the flyrod is definitely not as flamboyant as your profile pic!!

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 25, 2015, 04:15:08 PM
Despite first appearances I was more in control with the fly rod

Trev

Mark Tamim

• Fusilier
  • Liked: